1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Wish..Want..Fear

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Darksparrow, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Darksparrow

Darksparrow New Cupcake

Knowing what we know so far....

What game system do you wish was added or expanded on?

What game system means the most to you for wildstar to do right?

What game system do you fear might fall short as it stands now or might not pan out?

2. Amenar

Amenar New Cupcake

Gambling! It would have been awesome to meet up at a tavern, venture in to a back room and sit down at a poker table. The bets are in game currency and should be forced to be some what low. I realize this will never happen since it violates a lot of different laws depending on the country it is applicated in, but still!

Class uniqueness is for me the most important part. Each class should be unique and each player should be able to customize his/her character to cater to his/her own play style. There will always be meta builds but I want the possibility to discuss the choice of spells/skills without there being only one right answer.

I fear that the Path system might fall short. It's a really nice feature and I really want it to work but I can see the problems with it and that the game will just be another "kill x many y".
  3. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

What I wish is for multiple layers of aesthetic uniquenss to extend to paths. I want a scientist to look different from an explorer even with the same race and class combo. Hard to do but w/e. If not that, then I want stuff like each race/class/faction to get different stuff visually for paths. Dominion settler stuff should look different than Exile settler stuff. Explorer flags could be race dependent. That sort of thing.

What I want is for my class role in a group to be non-trivial. I don't really want everyone to walk into a group expect to play DPS and some people instead play a tank and healer just to make the dungeon work. I want to say I'm a healer and have that mean more than just the stuff on my action bar.

My fear is that this game will give me the same existential dilemma other MMOs do a few months in. I look at my alts, I look at my main and while deciding which one to play I instead choose to play none of them and within a couple more months or less I have unsubscribed. I just want it to be interesting enough to keep me engaged.
  4. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

My biggest fear is that the beta will ruin the lvling feel of the game ... In TERA i was part of all of the NA and EU tests and once it came to the actual game it was extremely stale. We completed lvl 1-30 so many times that it became less about the gameplay and more about work ... that was at launch ... imagine what it felt like when the game was in full release :'(
  5. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

Not to be lazy, but this actually sums it up perfectly for me.

1) My Bartle Test resulted in A.S.K.E., with only a 4% difference between A and S. I found this to be very accurate as, anytime I am not working toward some accomplishment, I am trying to socialize. For this reason I am going to go Settler, and I would love oh so very, very much to be able to take some friends to the VIP room in my bar and play some cards for 'Bulls'. :D

2) The class uniqueness part would be awesome. With the 'play the best' mentality that I often follow, I will be playing the 'best' of the setups. It's just how I am. I like to optimize and min-max. That being said, I so long for the day when I find a game that makes multiple variations and setups equal to one another.

3) As for the Path System... I am so stoked about this. Of all the features to fail to deliver, this would be the most crushing for me. Not because I am expecting for it to make the entirety of my game catered to how I like to play, but because I see so much potential and promise here and would be so disappointed if it doesn't deliver what is promised.
  6. Calsic

Calsic Cupcake-About-Town

Wish - Fishing. Yeah I know. But WS has everything else I want. I just really like having something chill to do out in the world late at night. In other games, if I didn't fish, I'd farm mats. But in Wildstar the nodes fight back. So yeah. Fishing.

Want - Raiding. Encounters need to be varied, challenging, and not insta-gib or gimmicky. Also, would be nice if the classes are balanced so we get to bring the class we want.

Fear - I'm afraid that in a few months post-launch, the Scientists will have scanned all the things, the Explorers will have found all the places, and the Settlers will be sick of keeping buildings up that fall down after a few minutes.
  7. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

So don't play in the beta? lol.
  8. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

that doesnt work really ... if i dont play the beta then i am a wasted resource of carbine ... thats not an option
  9. Lucker McNoob

Lucker McNoob Cupcake

I wish for the ability to create small neighbourhoods with player houses, or some other kind of mechanic that encourage people to go visit each others houses.

I fear that Wildstar-specific stuff such as housing and paths feel like gimmicks - something that's just fun for a short period of time. I'm not really worried though, but it's a fear nonetheless.

The game system that means the most to me is end game. It involves having tons of stuff to do, but also the ability for players to branch out. I want a living world with people off all kinds: master crafters, auction house gurus, pvp freaks, hardcore raiders and casual players. And everyone will need something meaningful to do or it will all fall apart.
  10. NILVIO

NILVIO Cupcake

I wish for lots of competition in arena and warplots.

My biggest fear is that this game wont appeal to PvP communities.

Arenas and warplots are most meaningful systems for me at the moment.
  11. tubthumper

tubthumper New Cupcake

1. Official Forums
    2. Official Forums.
    3. Lack of Official Forums.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

What game system do you fear might fall short as it stands now or might not pan out?

Class specializations or just classes in general. We need more customization options to play how we want while being viable and competitive. I'm not confident we'll have that ability with the current classes and spec system.

Character customization is the first bar Wildstar has to pass for me. I need to have the ability to create an aesthetically pleasing and fun character that I won't get bored by as I progress through the game throughout the years I might be playing Wildstar. I really want character customization to turn out well.

Either of these two I have fears for but my biggest is character customization. I'm a highly visual person so the impact my character's appearance has on my enjoyability of the game is profound. I hope that I'll be able to make the character that I want.
  13. Kyrios

Kyrios Cupcake

I am hoping that App side for phones and tablets is actually something I will log on for! (crafting?) I hate wasting time in game (I get two nights a week)

I really hope the randomly generated stats works out, That was the Pinnacle or Diablo 3 and kept me playing. I am just hoping it isnt as easy as, ohh I got a bad roll on this (non- fixed) , Ill just mutate that stat to a better one...

I have done 40 man raids in the past, and they are amazing, But They had to be done right. I wonder in our here and now "dungeon que" society, who will wait 3 hours for a 40man raid to be set up? I really hope this works out cause I am looking forward to it again
  14. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

Carbine doesn't need you, they have plenty of testers. It sounds like you're just complaining to complain, honestly. If beta is going to ruin the launch experience for you, then just don't do it. If I was Carbine, I'd rather have you as a happy customer at launch than as a tester now...

As for me:

(1) I'll Echo the Gambling bit, I think it would be a fun social diversion.
    (2)Depth, quantity, and quality of story. I don't plan on playing the scientist first go-round, but without a substantial history to take part in, I can't imagine the game lasting as long as I'd like it to.
    (3) I fear that the combat will get out of hand, but without having played it I cannot really say whether or not it's a rational fear.
    NerdEsq likes this.
  15. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

housing

housing

housing
  16. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

You have to be careful how you implement gambling in games and MMO's in-particular. The last thing you want is to cultivate two addictions from the same source! :p

In all seriousness though, certain ratings etc have to be re-evaluated based on any gambling sub-game and how much it influences the game/in-depth it is.
  17. vicksen

vicksen Cupcake

True. The way I envision it is that it mainly just serves as a gold-sink. I.e. you buy chips with your cash, and then use them to do slots or whatever is available...then trade the chips you have left (or win!) in for vanity rewards or things for your home. Like Chuck-e-Cheese prize tickets, basically.
  18. Bonku

Bonku New Cupcake

1. Added to housing: I know player shops won't be in but I would like to see the ability to add a (perhaps purely cosmetic) crafting/shop area to your housing plot - could just be a portal to the main AH.

2. Want: a viable economy where you can sell raw materials and finished goods at all levels. Making some things, like storage bags/boxes, player-made only would help.

3. Fear: That, due to the inability of most gamers to accept innovations, Wildstar will end up just like every other MMO with a different skin. Or, worse, more like a console fighting game with some MMO elements.
  19. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

By not having Official Forums right now they're allowing communities to form, and they aren't having to focus resources on keeping up an official Forum - meaning they can focus those resources on other game related stuff. They've already said that there will be an Official Forums at some point before launch.
    Dasphunk likes this.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I want official forums but there's really no reason to have any until the game is about to launch. Plus, they almost certainly already have beta forums which will likely get converted to the real thing by launch. From a developer's perspective, it's not the best investment of time ATM.
    Kataryna likes this.