1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Woah. Woah Woah. Everyone just hold on a second.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Crescent, May 28, 2013.

1. Sol

Sol Cupcake-About-Town

I'm hopeful and quietly optimistic but I do have a fair share of nervousness mixed in as I'm also tired of getting hyped for a game only to be let down.

My main reason for being hopeful is the level of developer communication and feedback they give. I've never seen anything like it, nor their willingness to be as transparent as possible with as much information as they're allowed to.

Quite often you'll hear them say that a certain feature just isn't on the cards for them or their thoughts are different; I love this, eve when I'm on the wrong end because it's honest. BioWare is far from honest.
  2. Wolvy

Wolvy Cupcake

*sigh* My name is wolvy and I am an altoholic. :p lol I think this is an important point too Hooligan. :D Do I expect them to meet 100% of my expectation? Honestly no and I don't think I ever set it that high to be honest. I definitely agree though that if there is enough of a hook (And there seems to be a lot that is being offered) to keep myself and my way better half playing then it's not a letdown in my eyes. We will be playing for some time. :)
  3. Lyli

Lyli New Cupcake

I've honestly hopped on the hype train in these last 4-5 months after an initial hype back in 2011 with the Gamescom CGI trailer...

I've been in the gaming industry for ~5 years or so...
    The sheer fact that the Carbine devs actually WILLINGLY did overtime during two weekends, while the higher management was out at PAX or some other event, just because the high management said "Ehh, we're not sure about this feature, we might just cut it..." (Which actually was what they would do when coming back) and then different teams stayed during the weekend to create 8 different Housing Dungeons so the feature wouldn't get cut, or to give life to a capital city out of the white blocks it was...

I'm just amazed by the dev team's dedication to their game, it's refreshing to say the least... :)

Also, the fact that they have also realized that doing big CGI trailers, while it looked pretty, didn't mirror their game, did a few cutscenes with the actual game engine which resulted in the recent videos (Meet the Exiles/Dominion, Path trailer) blew my mind away!

I'm loving the honesty they bring to their growing fanbase and I'm very much hoping that they will continue staying honest, building a great game and give me an MMO home to stay and get cozy with since my recent exile from WoW. :)
    Wolvy, WarPlots and SilentJ like this.