1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WoD more of a threat than W* MIGHT think...?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Spyguy, Jan 3, 2014.

?

WoD a Threat?

1. WoD is huge threat.

13.4%
  2. Might be a problem.

18.9%
  3. Not a threat at all.

36.2%
  4. W* is well aware of this.

31.5%
  1. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Actually 17 were in the initial push that started the company, its not been released how many are there currently. Though, you really have to ask and wonder just how important that is when both dev teams have ~200 people on them. I mean its like saying because one of Carbines devs was a big shot on Fallout 3 it will have a similarly buggy nature and poor story.
  2. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

I would say that actually, or assume it was true if I didn't have time to research the product in depth. If Tim Schaefer were involved I'd know the game would have a 100% chance of having a charming story and characters for example.
  3. Livnthedream

Assuming is the problem there. Pyaray is one of the database/back end guys and was also there for WoW launch, it doesn't mean they are using the same system.
  4. Pyaray

Pyaray Carbine Studios

Actually, it means quite the opposite, I wasn't a network guy on WoW. I wrote tools, and a handful of systems things, like the Quest system. On WildStar, I have written many of the tools (there is similarity there), and now I'm in charge of Network Architecture, which I never dealt with at all on WoW. I did do the DB on both games. so that architecture is very similar.
  5. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

This deserves a quote for posterity (such a foot in mouth moment; mean but can't resist :oops: )
  6. Livnthedream

Similar yes, but to assume Wildstar is going to suffer from the epic loot lag and crashes that came along with the first 6 months of WoW is stupid. At worst you know what pitfalls not to fall into. Which is what I was getting at since talking about specifics tends to fly over peoples heads.
  7. Channon

Channon New Cupcake

I'm real life friends with most of my guild. I think only 1 or 2 are still playing WoW and maybe a couple more plan to try the new expansion. More than a handful plan to play Wildstar.

I tend to have a more "wait and see" philosophy. I wouldn't make a bet based on what people say on the internet. Preorder sales, now those will be more accurate.
  8. Murais

Murais New Cupcake

Glad I'm not the only one.

I'd like to see that appear some time in the next century.