1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

World Bosses/Notorious Monsters

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Steven, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Steven

Steven New Cupcake

I am sorry if this is answered else where I saw no info on it yet. But will Wildstar have them?

World Bosses as in needing big groups to handle (# of people depend of course on skill/gear/etc) That are fought over claiming it when it is up.

Notorious Monsters like in FFXI that drop special loot but usually solo able, which also drop special loot.

Personally NM/HNM in FFXI was a big part of endgame content without instances that people fought over and camped. I found it enjoyable also the fact it was not a set spawn time but like 3 days after it was last killed in a 12 hour time frame it could spawn so people could not just be 100% sure of when it would spawn again. Also spawn location could be a area not always just in this one spot but maybe half of this zone etc.Or however many days and time to respawn etc. I even enjoyed the fact it was not a 100% drop and sometimes even a tiny chance of a drop like 1%. Of course the items off of the HNM(World Bosses) would be raid equivalent gear.

This is just something I miss a lot of from FFXI as it was my most enjoyable moments. I remember the rush of it spawning and having to hurry up and claim it and while holding the claim and running around waiting for my team mates to show up to help me kill it before it wrecked me. If you played FFXI you know what I mean but if you did not I guess it could be hard to understand what I mean and why. But basically everyone was spread out cause it would spawn in different locations on the map/cave/etc. And we had to split up and grab it as fast as we could because they might have 6-7 guilds there waiting to get the boss.

I know this is not how Wildstar would do a world boss if it had them but just a feature I really loved and enjoyed.
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Well, I know they have metal maw, which requires a few people to handle and it just shows up out of the blue, so you might consider that a world boss.
  3. Dasphunk

Dasphunk Cupcake

I remember it was mentioned somewhere in an article, that each zone will have a zone boss that takes a group of people to kill. Didn't mention what group size though. This could be the closest thing to what you want, but who knows.

I can't seem to think of the article, to lazy and busy to look.
  4. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I understand that there will be smaller 3-5 group bosses and larger world boss types. I also believe in one of the videos it talked about the smaller group bosses being "random levels" so that just because you were in a level 20 zone, doesnt mean you wont ever see a level 40 boss walking around.
  5. Alex Moore

Alex Moore New Cupcake

Zone bosses have definitely been mentioned, number of people to actually kill them is unknown. If there is a level 30 zone boss, it probably will be fun the first time. I just hope there are good max level world bosses. Basically vanilla WoW style. Those 6 world bosses were excellent. A couple super easy ones, a couple medium difficulty ones and a couple extremely hard ones. Then you get the world pvp aspect and it's too much fun.
  6. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

So we know there are world multi-group bosses, but as for Notorious/Rare/Unique/Named monsters, I can't recall any information. I personally hope there are Rares, and I hope they do it like Mists of Pandaria, where they present a serious challenge but are ultimately soloable. I also would love if they dropped Vanity or Toys, maybe even something for your house, in addition to statted loot of course.
  7. Foxchain

Foxchain New Cupcake

From the info we have so far, most zones should have at least one world boss. I'd assume this includes the zones at/near level cap, which would be the closest thing to HNMs. Thankfully, they will be more of a fun bonus, rather than a critical part of endgame like in XI.

Some smaller solo-able (but difficult) rares would be nice too.
  8. TarkeCat

TarkeCat Cupcake-About-Town

I love world bosses and would like some, super ungodly buggers roaming around, i will always remember Fel Reaver from early BC leveling and the fear you would get when you realized oh so late that he was right behind you.