1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

World Bosses

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Arkay, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

That certainly sounds like a lot of good fun and I'd like to see such competitions over world bosses in WildStar, but I don't think the segregationists among the MMO crowd would stay quiet about it.
  2. Usk

Usk New Cupcake

All I ask regarding to Wolrd Bosses is something challenging not just a monster the size of the whole screen but just autoatack-n-kill Boss... like those new Bosses in MOP.

That makes their existance pointless imo, there must be something epic behind killing world bosses.
  3. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

which parties in particular? The devs have stated they want to have the Pvp'rs mix with the Pve'rs, I think Gaffney said ideally they would be in the same guild doing both raids and arena/warplots...so which parties do you mean?
  4. Arkay

Arkay Cupcake

That is all we can hope for. As long as there is real incentive to kill the bosses for different sorts of players, it could be great. Nothing better than that feeling of having claim on a tough/desired world boss, and fending off a rival guild and downing it while there corpses and spectators watch on.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

I just mean players who think PvE raid content should stay exclusively in instanced raids and not out in the open where they have to fight other guilds to get a chance at the boss.
  6. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Ahh ok, gotcha.
  7. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

World bosses are awesome, but instancing them or locking people out in any way would defeat the purpose of having them. I think there's a whole lot of fun potential with 40-man raid guilds competing for them. :)

One idea that I think would be cool is have the boss telegraphs be visible only to the group that tagged it, so it would be much more lethal to be on the "griefer" side of things. I have this image in my mind of a tank positioning the boss so that he smashes a large group of Exile scum, sending their dead bodies flying in every which way. Oh my, would that be glorious! I want this.
    Cartographer and Arkay like this.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Cool idea. I like it. Makes things even more interesting while giving a distinct advantage to those who tagged the boss first.
  9. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

I've been slightly misquoted! You sly devil. :D
    Kataryna and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  10. Arkay

Arkay Cupcake

Now that is a legit idea. I'd love this.
  11. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

They are already in is my understanding. Unfortunately, I can't seem to start the video where I want to so fast forward to about 0:24:50. I imagine not all of them will be PvP oriented throughout the game but some are. :D

12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

First time I saw him.....I remember getting 1 shotted, then turning my camera around and seeing this big ass robot walking back :eek: ''Welcome to Outlands!''

They haven't said it, but I expect them to be. Otherwise why give raiders a bonus for Warplots?
    Skippy and Ianpact like this.
  13. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Ahh the memories, There was a druid quest (I think it was the level 40 one?) where you had to run up to one and stab it in the toe with a spear, just for lols sake I took a nogenfogger before it and ran in to stab it. Cheetah formed my way out of there and spun the camera around, was hilarious to see this tiny kitten gapping it from this monstrous devilsaur while tryna dodge mobs.
    Kataryna likes this.
  14. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

I remember the vanilla WoW world bosses would put a debuff on anyone they killed that persisted through death for 10 mins, meaning virtually every attack the boss did would 1-shot you or lock you down for several minutes (looong unbreakable stun). It meant griefing was harsh, but it stopped players from zerging the boss plus screwed you over if you ran into one while questing (until a hunter stacked +heal gear and had his pet solo Azuregos with mend pet active at all times, I seem to remember that happening at lvl 60).
  15. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I remember fondly going back to those old area's with the Devilsaur and Fel Reaver and taking great pleasure hunting them down and slaughtering them we even made a event out of it in our guild when people were grinding alts
    Xlugon Pyro and Kataryna like this.
  16. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

Vanilla WoW had good raid bosses, the only thing was random timer meant you really had to get lucky and either be 24/7 scouting it or happen to be in the zone when they spawned.

World bosses are another degree of competition because world pvp occurs while a boss happens, it is very very epic.
  17. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

Unless the boss leashes back to this spawn very quickly, or back to its pat route if it has one, that could be used for griefing so easily. Get a couple tanks, and a ton of healers, drag boss to busy area, watch it destroy helpless people who are just minding their own business.
  18. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

Sound like a regular day in SW if you ask me, some horde hunter was always pulling Kazak to grief the lowbies in Elwyn.
  19. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Besides hunting them as a guild they are never really important, in swtor, we had some good fun hunting them in guild runs.
  20. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Well at least that way better memory than waiting in Stormwind for the queue to pop up to join a zerg fest dungeon:)