1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

World Events (non seasonal)

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Narrack, May 26, 2013.

1. Narrack

Narrack Cupcake

I had a look across the forum and I couldn't see this mentioned but sorry if I missed it and also sorry for any poor grammar I’ll try to make it as readable as possible. Right so anyway what I want to know about is world events, What are carbines opinions of them and do they plan on doing any within the game.

I loved the AQ40 event back in vanilla WoW it really felt like a build up to something and it got me (as semi-hardcore but non raider) involved with getting materials and helping get the raid open and even though I didn't ever do the raid itself I felt as though I had done something useful in the world.

Also what about subtle changes leading up to something like say without notifying players (so players could discover and become curious about what is happening) they altered the terrain where a raid/dungeon entrance is going to be, So say maybe a small crack appears that an Explorer could investigate then next update its wider and Scientists could get inside and see what’s going on, The at the next stage the raid/dungeon entrance could be half open with things coming out for soldiers to fight and finally then at the end a more stable entrance could be constructed by settlers and the raid/dungeon is then made available.

It could happen in a short time frame It could even be something you have to do at least once before you can enter but it feels much more involved and satisfying then just walking through a swirly purple portal after a new patch comes out to see a new raid.

So maybe you could have large AQ40 type events for new raids and smaller events like a detailed above for new dungeons. So what are your opinions about such things good, bad, meh? And how would you do them? if you do like the idea of world events.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

They've built into the game the ability to change things (even terrain) if they so wish. Example they gave loooong time ago was one day you'll be climbing a mountain, the next day it gets hit by an asteroid and *BOOM* no mountain there anymore. They just take out the "mountain" plug and plop in the "asteroid hit it" plug.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I heard that aswell, but i can't help wondering what would happen if you logged out on that mountain :p (since i think it'll be maintenance when they will remove the mountain so you can't stand there on the impact time....unfortunately)
  4. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I can't recall the source but I remember them saying that maintenance won't be required. From what I remember being said, you'd get knocked far back if you happen to be around during the 'terraforming.' I bet someone else can dig up the source of that. >_>
    Kataryna and Extatica like this.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

DOOM, DEATH AND DESPAAAIIRRR!!!!