1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

World Map Entire Planet of Nexus?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Nitro, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Nitro

Nitro New Cupcake

So ya this thought has crossed my mind, I know we get to go to the moon so is do you guys think or know if the whole planet is basically the main map? It would be really awesome if it was a 3D map of the planet thoughts everyone?

P.S. Searched for a thread like this could not find one
    Teehk likes this.
  2. Teehk

Teehk Cupcake-About-Town

3. Nitro

Nitro New Cupcake

Ya i saw that, Still wondering if can be zoomed out further or if its just like that until beta etc xD
  4. Lids

Lids Cupcake

You will be able to zoom in and out of zones, this has been a standard feature in any MMO practically since the start and probably the best way to do mapping at the moment.
  5. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

I wonder if we can get a Globe in lieu of a map. I very much enjoyed having a full size map of DAoC in my desk drawer (of course this was back when games didn't tell you exactly where to go and how to get there) - I think it would be cool to get a globe of Nexus with the CE or something similar (although the moons and other planets might make that hard...)
    Nitro likes this.
  6. Nitro

Nitro New Cupcake

Lids, I realize that is probably what they will do but there is still the slight chance they could do a 3D world map or something different and this thread is to talk about that and speculation.. Not to talk about whats already been done in every other MMO . I actually think that's one of the best ideas i have heard a globe would be awesome fishsticks!
  7. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

Don't forget you can travel off planet to the moon as seen in the videos.
  8. Nitro

Nitro New Cupcake

I mention that in the OP :p
  9. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    Wonder if they could use the google earth api and create one
    Fishsticks likes this.
  10. Nitro

Nitro New Cupcake

Agreed, This is kind of what i was getting at there are so many programs they could make use of to do this but who knows if they would be able to integrate that into the game.. It would still be really awesome they don't even have to render other players when we view the 3D planet map
  11. Skean

Skean Cupcake

It would be nice if they did it. But, even if it was not implemented by Carbine, I'm sure the modding community could do something. The map mods in WoW used the Google map api I think, so the possibility is there.

One way of doing it that I think would be neat, would have the overlay resemble a hologram. Maybe a tool on your wrist, you hit map and it brings up the hologram of Nexus, and then zoom into your location.
  12. Hawk Sungrifter

Hawk Sungrifter New Cupcake

I think that since moons etc would not be in for launch that the globe would be good and a neat idea, it would be up to date as of launch. Do they add to maps etc for expansions?
  13. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Scavenger hunt quests involve you checking the map online and going to the corresponding coordinates in game? :)
    Skean likes this.
  14. Skean

Skean Cupcake

That would be awesome. They could do a lot of stuff with the API, map coords, quest tracking plus it would look better then just a static map.