1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

World Map or?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Aladen, May 26, 2013.

1. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

First of all.
    Hello all fans of Wildstar, this is my first post on this site, so fitting to say hello :)
    Second - topic.
    Map of the world.
    I know that the game is in beta. But watching stuff from the F2P in an interview
    (http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?media/f2ps-recording-of-the-press-path-presentation.159/), we see how it is used taxi in the game. We have to choose the point you want to go. And then I noticed the map (22:52). And here a question arises. Is there a map of the whole world (disbelief) or only the map of the area. Wildstar out earlier this year, and if that was the whole map ... it would be hard.
    I cross my fingers for this game!
    How do you think?
  2. Cruxisinhibitor

Cruxisinhibitor New Cupcake

Welcome to the community!

According the the developers, Nexus will be divided up into several continents. I am able to say that this is merely a zone map with great confidence. The game was built with flying mounts in mind, so there's no doubt it is a vast one.
    Aladen likes this.
  3. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

Thank you for the welcome!
    Now I understand, it's just a separate zone map. Thanks for the info :)
    Cruxisinhibitor likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Last time they used a map with hexagons, also the size of that map isn't the same as the number of area's you can play in.

So NO this isn't the whole map.
    But it does seem like it isn't a map for 1 area either but mayby a couple of area's? (it can be only of 1 area though)

Also: Welcome to the SC family, hope you enjoy it in here as much as i do :D

PS: DOMINION RULES!!!!!!!
  5. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

Thank you for the equal good welcome: P
    It can be a map that is divided into zones, as you say. Only one can see us divided, I will be playing on the side of Exile :) Interested in Wildstar from the gamescom in 2011 and fiercely check new information about the game. There is really great, you are here to learn lot of information about the game :)
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oh you poor lost sheep:
    [​IMG]
    Aladen likes this.
  7. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

Welcome to the community and no, that's just the zone's map, not even close to being the whole map LOL. The world map will be bigger than Gw2's map according to speculation.

One important thing to take into account is that WS has over 200 hours of leveling gameplay thus far, so it'll take the average player (assuming they play 3-4 hours per day) 45-60 days to hit level cap, not too shabby ;)
    Tacomagamefan and Aladen like this.
  8. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

No.

HAH.

Also, just to add, you can also run around on the moon, so while nexus is already divided into continents, there's still a whole moon to explore.

And welcome to the Exiles.
  9. Dekros

Dekros Cupcake

I hope the actual map for the world that we will see in game is visually stunning and detailed. I love games/mmo's with big worlds and their maps detailed, pretty to look at and the same time very helpful. I love Gw2's world map design with the scroll in and scroll out function, I hope Carbine's artists have something cool and outstounding planned for the world map.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

+ some of the big astroids (probably)
    Also Nexus got 2 moons. mayby we can walk on both of them :p
  11. popober

I can just imagine the other moon turning out not being a moon at all and becomes the setting of a dunegon/raid. I'm imagining this simply because I want someone to go and say "That's no moon."
  12. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

Thanks for all the kind of welcome ^ ^
    Holy Star! World bigger than GW2, great! However, I hope that the ability to drive a maximum lvl'a not be so fast it in GW2. Far too quickly driven into the max. As for the moons and other areas.
    Wildstar will be fairly easy to add new content. New planet (sold separately dlc ^ ^), the Nexus continents, moons, extensive!. Really, I see on YT and not only that, this game is will be a perfection . I exaggerate, but now I see it, is really impressive it.
  13. popober

I doubt they'd add a new planet yet, since the whole conflict is about Nexus and all it's goings on. But since it's supposed to be an undiscovered planet we could start with only 1 continent at first and the others are added and fleshed out in the future, to signify the growth of the story, what with people maybe expanding the frontier or something.
  14. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

Well, of course, still point out in interviews that the Nexus is the most important planet in terms of Wildstar. Hmmm most likely will be as you say, new continents, islands, etc. Well you know, they will have to add something new with the time development of the game on the market (more and more popular, more and more players, etc.) the way they do, we'll see :)
  15. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

After watching all WS interviews on video, articles and Q&A, I can safely conclude that leveling will be slow in Wildstar and according to the polls it's what the players want as well. :)

Here's a quote from a dev:
    With +200 hours of gameplay it'll take most players well over a month to hit level cap. ;)
    Aladen likes this.
  16. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

When I saw that map the first thing I thought was hmm that does not look very good, but then I also thought, well it's probably just an early form and yet to be finished. I'm also guessing that at some point there maybe a dev speak video all about "Hey we have maps!" similar to what SWTOR did.

Having a good map system I think is important, I want to be able to zoom inclose to any area in any continent at any time I like, or to zoom out to get a view of the whole of nexus, and for that to happen simply and smoothly.
  17. TheJackalSwitch

TheJackalSwitch New Cupcake

First post for me too! :)

I'm hoping for a lot from the map system in wildstar. I'm definitely going as an explorer for my main and I can't wait to search everywhere, and from some of the things mentioned about the path I'm excited, primarily in regards to a comment in one videos (I think haha) of 'construct a map to share with your guild'.
    I hope what they do is that only parts you travel are revealed on your map, and the explorers can search everything and then copy that into a map item other players can use to reveal entire zones :). Either way, if 'The Cartographer' is an actual title for the explorer you can be damn sure it'll be mine :p.
  18. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

Seeing the map in that video, I think it's safe to say that it's nowhere near final. The scaling seemed off, and it had white spots all around. So not only is it not the final, graphical form, but since not all zones are unlocked yet either, it most likely also isn't its final size. Just take a look at the zone reveals on the wildstar page, you can see there are a ton more to come.
  19. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

So it must be emphasized. Map shown in the video does not look good in terms of performance. Pay attention to the lower part of the white, great area - does not look appealing, nor as clear and attractive way shown on the map.
    Yes, this is due to the early stage of the game. Just as we see in the movies, when loading the game, it is only inscription on the top "Wildstar" and the loading bar at the bottom of the game. In the middle of black nothingness. In these jokes will add some arts, but these are the things which are added only at the end of the game, once it is polishing up.
    Such things as zoom, the legend will surely added in the future. By authors focus their attention on the action of the game, and when you are sure that everything works as it should, will be for decorative items and the useful (for medium priority work) and just zoom, the map looks, etc.