1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by TarkeCat, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

48.0%
  3. unsure

19.0%
  4. other if so say why in the comments

5.7%
  1. TarkeCat

TarkeCat Cupcake-About-Town

Mostly out of interest rather than speculation how would you react if it was announced that they had to push back the launch to 14/15 (assuming that open beta would also be postponed). Would you keep interest and forum activity or would you go in search of another MMO?
    ruff_ethereal and Maddog Charlie like this.
  2. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Yes, depending on when in 2014 or 2015. If it was pushed back past EQNext release then I 'd have to pass.

Definitely don't want to. But I will be playing EQNext.
    Rogosh likes this.
  3. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Naw, I just want it to be ready.
    Dtrain and kanochi like this.
  4. TarkeCat

Ok so say W* comes out as planned then EQ comes out do you planning on leaving one for the other (I realize this is hard to answer as it depends on how much you enjoy the game) but atm what do you EXPECT you would do?
  5. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I would have to tone down my interest because the wait would be too long. I'd still play it happily for sure but I'd try out other things as well. I'm already trying out rift just to hit the cap , someone I never did and get to know the rp community. And I would be looking at eq next and eso as well, which are currently not on my radar.
  6. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I don't mind when they push it back to I have no clue when it's supposed to release anyways lol, I just want a really polished finished game by the time it's released, something that I can enjoy for years to come. = P I'm having a lot of fun with my guild so that helps pass the time really easily. ^^
    lelouch and Kritarie like this.
  7. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

Only one thing that would make me lose interest is if its not a subscription payment model, basically P2P or bye bye.
  8. robbie

robbie New Cupcake

If they pushed it back to 2015, I'd cry like many other people, I can wait 2014, but 2015 i'd break down..
  9. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

I think we all have sideline games out there to pass the time but definitely would follow Wildstar still, I would just cry a lot more :cry: and may need to see the Doc about increasing my medication, and may need to buy another Chevy truck to pass the time :D
  10. robbie

robbie New Cupcake

Agreed, I like the p2p option also.
    Sonntam likes this.
  11. TarkeCat

I would very much feel the same hopefully if such a tragic thing does happen, PoE will maintain solid ladder resets and i can sacrifice my hardcore characters to the Carbine gods in hope of speeding things along.
  12. TarkeCat

What makes you so against the f2p model (i would also prefer p2p btw but would not quit over it)
  13. TarkeCat

Care to explain why?
  14. robbie

robbie New Cupcake

It's not that I am necessarily against it... but me personally, I don't think a game like this could thrive without the p2p option, because if I commit to a game, I am not the kind of person who plays a game for 3 months then after that 3 months is up I move on to another game. Nah, I like to be loyal to one game and play it for as long as I possibly can. If it isn't p2p I couldn't see the devs being able to keep up with releasing content as needed, and if they do a good job... hey why not give them a good income, they deserved it!
    SkuulzaO, Afrotech and TarkeCat like this.
  15. Lipgloss

Lipgloss New Cupcake

I would try it out no matter when it launched (as I am sure most the people registered on these forums will...regardless of how they answer this poll). Obviously if it was pushed back, I would not follow it as closely, I mean "a watch pot never boils", would put it on the back burner and be pleasantly surprised when it released.

The only thing that would truly break the game for me is the feel of combat, how the motion flows, lag on abilities (swtor) etc., it needs to be clean...very few MMOs get it right so here's hoping. Are we allowed to talk about pay model yet?...if so, a shop would be disappointing for me, it might make money but hinders balance and is very annoying. P2P, if the game fails just switch to F2P and let it bleed on like the rest.
    Sonntam likes this.
  16. robbie

robbie New Cupcake

exactly how I feel..
  17. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

No.

Also Check my Sig. The Alpha of that game is 2015 so I am patient if the result is a better game.
    TarkeCat likes this.
  18. Skean

Skean Cupcake

Half way between hell and the state of confusion.
    That would all depend on what the Devs did to keep us interested. More beta invites going out, stress tests. would keep me here
  19. TarkeCat

Ok then that raises a interesting point, if w* is delayed how active would their news updates have to be to maintain interest, say if they maintained the weekly or if they fell to monthly updates.
  20. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Nope, it's on the (currently) banned topic list. Maybe once we see something a little more definitive about it from the Devs we'll be allowed to talk about it again. It's just a flame war waiting to happen.