1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by TarkeCat, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

48.0%
  3. unsure

19.0%
  4. other if so say why in the comments

5.7%
  1. Ichinisan

Ichinisan New Cupcake

I would gladly wait till 14/15 if they have a legitimate reason to still work on the game, which will boost the experience.
    Irullan and Fate Flyer like this.
  2. Talksin

Talksin Cupcake

No, but I'd be bummed!
  3. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

It will lose my interess sightly but will keep waiting until it get released.
    I have been waiting for Blade and soul for awful long time.
    They pushed now to 2014 still every existed to play it

4. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

agree let them polish game add more beta's stages
  5. Diableblanc

Diableblanc Cupcake

Yes and no, I won't "lose interest" per se but I'd keep it on the back of my mind instead thinking about it all the time as to not make the wait for the game so lenghty. Also 2015? that'd be nuts....
  6. Haoli

Haoli Cupcake-About-Town

Oh, egads, Blade & Soul. I was somewhat interested in playing it, but between the utter absence of any communication about the NA release (we went almost HALF A YEAR after the localization announcement before we got more news) and the massive delay that hit a localization of all things, the whole situation is just embarrassing. I might still pick it up if they ever launch it, but I don't think it'll do as well as it could've.
  7. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I wouldn't lose interest but I would forget about it a bit. I would probably become active again when it's nearly time to release.
  8. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

Well i can't find the link due new pc.
    There was interview with developers of BnS some people linked forum.
    They pushed BnS to 2014 Q4 for the west. That all know for now im checking the forums time to time.
    http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/ here can find some news on there forums time to time. If really want try out the game its buggy just google blade and soul atomix more can't say. Or just play on the official server with korean VPN.
  9. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

Nah, Why loose the interest in the only Sci-fy MMO with cartoonish art style? if they push the game to 14/15 it's going to be to have more content so noup.
  10. Doomgrin

Doomgrin Cupcake-About-Town

Seems to me this poll is just a fanboy check. I mean of course people interest is going to wane a bit, but this poll will not get you anywhere simply because it has not happened. People that are diehard followers right now are going to say NO. People that are already on the fence are going to say YES.

At this point, unless they are going to delay to add more features it means there are a limited amount of reveals remaining. Thus a delay just means information flow would thin out if the current scope was pushed and interest for everyone would wane to a degree as there would be less to see while we wait.
  11. Anstalt

Anstalt Cupcake-About-Town

My level of interest is entirely dependant upon the underlying design choices that the devs make and how that converts in to playable features. I have found myself too easily addicted to MMOs so after wasting 15months playing SW:TOR I have made a promise to myself that I'll only play another MMO if it is seriously well designed.

My initial impression of Wildstar was that, despite the childish graphics, this could be the MMO I've been waiting for. The devs seem to be making the right design choices and then convert them in to likeable features. However, since joining these forums and reading all the useful information that you guys have been posting I have come across a number of features that could kill off the game for me.

So, I am waiting on more information about these features before I decide whether to commit to the game or not. The things that have gotten me worried right now:

1) Endgame Itemisation.

This is my chief concern. I hate tiered gear and I hate when devs separate pve/pvp/solo gear. Both are bad design decisions when considering the long term health of an MMO. Given the innovation that Carbine are showing with their other features I seriously hope that they revisit endgame itemisation and give us something more suitable. If they stick with tiered gear and separated gear sets then I probably wont bother with the game.

2) Limited Ability Sets.

This is simply an unknown for me as I havent played a game with LAS. On the surface, it sounds boring to me and could hamper long term enjoyment of the combat. On the other hand, lack of ability bloat is a good thing. I think I need to see specifics about types of set ups we can create (e.g. show me a spellslinger with a dps setup, healer setup, support setup and some hybrids).

3) Paths

On the surface, this sounds fecking cool! But, dig a little deeper and there is a complete lack of information about how the path concept transforms itself in to gameplay. I am worried that paths will quickly become both boring to complete and pointless at endgame.

4) World PvP

People have different definitions of what world pvp is, but for me world pvp is any sort of pvp where anyone can come and join in, i.e. no number restrictions, time limits etc. Spontaneous world pvp is hard to encourage these days so I feel it needs objectives. Think the Ettenmoors from LOTRO or the PvP lakes in WAR. We've heard nothing about world pvp from Carbine except that it will be possible, so I'd like to hear more.
  12. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

I am actually hoping for a 2014 release. :)
  13. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

problem if there late Wildstar will have hard time.
    Because there a lot of game mmo's gonna get released big titles like ESO.
    Im not sure if people be interested if they push it 2014 2015.
    for it doesn't mater because i have pantice for it
  14. Lookeba

Lookeba Cupcake

I'm not sure if my actual interest in the game would disappear, but I would definitely find something else to play in the mean time and possibly keep me from staying in touch with this game...we'll see though.
  15. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

My feelings exactly. :up:

Obviously I'm excited, and therefore I want to play, but that anticipation runs much deeper than just simply being excited for the moment. It's that long-term, relationshipy excitedness. ;)
  16. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

B&S is Even worse, the game is already out on Asia, i completely lost interest in that game because of delays.
  17. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

What... what is this "relationshipy excitedness" you speak of? Sounds alien to me. :confused:
  18. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

that your option there lot of players in NA and EU every excited to play this
    there many reason why people hate is because combat system. people use lay plays kinda wow mmo's can't play Tera, BnS because combat system. U are used push in as key all time TABing you way out. or pressing raid farms to heal people. just taking the damage at tanking. I find combat system interesting and more challenging
  19. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

Tough question to answer..

With any game that brings this much promise, I want it to be released at the right time when it's ready to launch. I've seen too many titles fall short of expectations after releasing an unpolished product, and it's sad. The gaming community is smart, and games that are launched before they are top notch & ready to rock get chewed up & spit out on the worldwide gaming forum.

On the other hand, I can't honestly say that I would/could retain the level of interest & enthusiasm that I have for this game if release were to be pushed back further then 1st quarter of 2014. Is there other titles that I'm interested in that would overtake Wildstar as my primary gaming interest? No. I just can't see myself swimming through these forums for another 12-24 months to retread the same topics over & over & over. Wildstar Wednesday has even lost some steam for me since the epic path drop. It's like watching a Food Network host travel the world looking for some of the most damned unhealthy but absolutely delicious specialty foods from around the USA, then eating a ham sandwich. The anticipation for Wildstar has created a hunger satisfied by none other than Wildstar.

It's funny I guess. As much as I am for an MMORPG that supports delayed gratification, a little instant gratification from Carbine as far as game information would be appreciated.

Even with all that said, if Wildstar Wednesday TODAY was about pushing the release date back to December 2014, I'd still end up playing the game. It's just an extra 12 months of frustration.
  20. Risetta

Risetta New Cupcake

I don't mind specifically if they HAD to push it back; I mean hell Elder Scrolls was just pushed back for a 2014 release now. Which I am not surprised, they haven't even done an open beta yet (but at the rate Wildstar is going they aren't giving themselves enough time if they want to do a 2013 release either). There are plenty of things to keep me occupied later this year, PS4/XboxOne and the games releasing on those systems are sparking my interest. I pretty much at some point will have to stop keeping track of Wildstar (hey, you know it's love if you leave and come back!.....wait).

It's just that waiting....ARGH the wait! Polished or not every time in a new MMO something breaks or something was unintended. I FULLY expect something to break or go wrong in Wildstar no matter when they release it, true love accepts ALL FLAWS. Hmm, that's right, right?
    lelouch likes this.