1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by TarkeCat, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

48.0%
  3. unsure

19.0%
  4. other if so say why in the comments

5.7%
  1. Eternus

Eternus New Cupcake

I would rather they push it back if it meant it would be done right, instead of every other mmo almost ever released that was rush out the door in a buggy state, not to say mmos are ever a finished product but don't make people hate your product by rushing out something that certainly isn't ready for prime time so to speak.

I rather they polish it and get it in a release state before you know actually releasing it, in that way it likely to keep players for more then what is the average player in a lackluster mmo stay nowadays 2-3 months tops at best?
    Gempulse likes this.
  2. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

i know it's my opinion, i never advertised it as anything else.

But that is a opinion that is shared by a huge group of people , if you dont respect your consumer base, they leave you.
    I Wanted that game, and all they need to do is translate the damn content, yet the game is not out yet.

Microsoft is learning that lesson this genaration of consoles.

if WSO dosent come out this year and pushes back to 2015 i will most definitly find something else to invest my time on and by the time it comes out i will not be interested on leaving what ever game i dedicated to
  3. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

ESO is also comming out to consoles, which is most likely related to why they pushed the game back
  4. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I voted "NO"....but that is only because my interest for playing it in 2013 would crash and burn in an unholy fire. If the game released in 2014 or 2015 I would be more interested then about playing it. I will try it when it is released no matter when that happens. But the sad panda would sit on my shoulder like a chip for having to wait for X amount of time.
  5. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

True if really love Wildstar will come back or just be patience. U have plenty of other games that can keep u busy :).
    u can always sigh up for the news letters as well and keep on track. Rater have good polished game
    Risetta likes this.
  6. Vivaxo

Vivaxo New Cupcake

I would not cry if the game was delayed.. But I'm sure I will go bald from the stress of waiting..Then cry.
  7. Dalgrimar

Dalgrimar Cupcake

I would kill my self
  8. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

Other. I'd still love to play it, but as far as active enthusiasm it would end up on the waaaay backburner. I only have so much to focus on, and something years out I simply can't sustain without a ton of updates and avoid burnout.
  9. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed, I think a few months ago I would have answered a resounding "No", but now that FF XIV has turned out to not be nearly as bad as I thought (actually, I've quite enjoyed it) and Aion has come out with 4.0, Rift has gone F2P etc. I think the MMO-void in my life has the potential to be filled, leaving little if any space for a game that gets pushed back.

I think if Wildstar came out in spring of 2014 it wouldn't be much of an issue for me, but if it's pushed to summer or later I'll probably end up getting hooked on FF or something else (TESO?) before Wildstar has a chance to get its claws in me
    Vyver and Witless like this.
  10. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

I'll look at EQ Next, but ArcheAge has me more than a little excited. I can play 2 games and am hoping for ArcheAge and Wildstar. Though it looks like AA will be coming out very late this year or early 2014 given that they just started signing up English language beta testers.

Though I have to admit that I do want to see what EQ will release in the way of information in August. However, having played EQ1 and 2, I don't have much hope for any project with Smedley involved in it. Long history of totally ignoring players and telling us that we have to conform to their vision of the game.
    Witless likes this.
  11. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I here ya Blue, and I'm with Fishsticks on ARR.

I want WS to be my game but it needs to be on time, or close to it, and it needs to rock. I know I will play EQN, but I've also been looking at ARR and AA and they look solid.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  12. mysticjbyrd

mysticjbyrd Cupcake-About-Town

I voted no, but only because I am fairly confident the game won't be delayed to 2015.

If we are talking 2015, then we are approaching Blizzard's new MMO coming out.
    Wildstar looks cool, but Blizzard is the gold standard of gaming right now. I highly anticipate their next gen MMO to be amazing.
  13. Fishsticks

Ugh, I totally forgot about EQNext...yeah the later wildstar gets pushed back the more games it's going to have to compete with in my heart. A 2013 release would be nice, not only because I am an impatient internet consumer that wants things right now at all times, but also because there isnt a whole lot in the way of competition just yet - in 2014 a bunch of new AAA titles are launching and things could get really competitive again
    Witless likes this.
  14. Split_Light

Split_Light Cupcake

If it was 2014 I would still stay fairly hyped. If they moved it to 2015 I'd have to back burner it, keep an eye on the game, pull back for a bit. I am really looking forward to the game and will play it whenever it comes out, but can only keep my internal hype machine in high gear for so long.
  15. mysticjbyrd

I heard EQNext was supposed to be some 'sandbox' MMO. I always get worried when I hear that term, because no one knows what it means.

You ask 50 people what a sandbox mmo is and you will get 50 different answers. The best answer I have been able to piece together is it's a game without any developer led progression. Which to me sounds almost like it doesn't even meet the requirements of being classified as a game.

Its like being on a basketball court with 9 other kids, but no one knows how to play the game of basketball, so you all just throw the ball around. Is the complete freedom of throwing the ball around randomly a game? I don't think so, because it has no rules. There is no winner, no loser, no sides, and no competitiveness.

Now on the other hand you teach those 10 kids the game of basketball, and you go from an afternoon of fun to something they can enjoy for years to come.
  16. Fishsticks

I would equate it more to telling 10 kids they have to play 5 on 5 and the object is to get the ball into the hoop, but not tell them any other rules - meaning they can determine on their own what fouls are if they even exist, if you need to dribble etc.

I can see why people aren't interested in sandboxes but I actually wish we got a few more sandbox elements in W*, who knows though lots left to be revealed still
  17. Opie Macleod

Opie Macleod New Cupcake

I never get bad at game being pushed back. I have played too many rushed games that were woefully incomplete. That is much worse, in my opinion, than simply taking the time needed to present a complete game. A product you can be proud of. So I wouldn't lose interest.

That said, I wouldn't be waiting and holding off other games like I am now. I'd be looking at Elder Scrolls Online a lot more than I am now. And if ESO comes out first and blows my socks off, that will mean my WildStar time and investment would suffer. I only have so much time in a day and only so many days in a week. So I have to be choosy about what games I invest into. WildStar currently has my undivided attention and I found out about only a year ago. If that gets pushed back to 2015, my interest wouldn't whine, but my attention would stray. Plus I'd feel bad for the people waiting since the concept was announced. What was that? 2009? Poor monkeys. Six years s a long time to wait for a game.
  18. Isil

Isil Cupcake

I wouldn't mind terribly if it got pushed into early 2014, and from a personal standpoint I would still give it a go if it was later down the line.
    However, Wildstar is in a unique situation right now, if they can manage to release a finished game by late 2013, they will have close to no competitors as well as a huge influx of people bored of their already established games. With ESO being pushed back to 2014 there aren't any real competitors coming out that can match Wildstar in hype and anticipation.

Not getting it out this year would be a waste of a huge opportunity to establish a big early playerbase, it is however measured up against the risk of releasing an incomplete game.

Guess we will see :)
  19. Hendos

Hendos New Cupcake

Yup Isil nails it there, I think they have the perfect window now and would expect a release date to be announced for this year even if it is very late in the year!
  20. mysticjbyrd

I have been following ESO, and I got to say its not even a competitor regardless. From my perspective the game is going to be a totally casual oriented game. It is essentially devolved to the one thing they said it wouldn't, Skyrim online. At the moment, I predict it has a similar impact as GW2. Great launch, followed by people dropping it like a rotten sack of taters.