1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by TarkeCat, Jun 6, 2013.

?

Would you lose interest in W* if they pushed it back to 2014/15?

1. Yes

27.3%
  2. No

48.0%
  3. unsure

19.0%
  4. other if so say why in the comments

5.7%
  1. Nadala

Nadala New Cupcake

I voted no. The game is in beta now. It could be pushed back to 2014, that's totally possible - but I don't think it will be 2015, now that it's in beta. Either way, I am GOING to be buying and playing this game. I will be disappointed; I'm human, I want things and I want them now. But I'd rather they stick to the philosophy "When it's ready" or at least the philosophy "When it's as ready as it can be before we just have to let people play it".
  2. Aceabee

Aceabee New Cupcake

I would be more bothered if it was announced on PS4/XBOX1.
  3. mysticjbyrd

mysticjbyrd Cupcake-About-Town

I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole if it went to console. Just like ESO.
    Aceabee likes this.
  4. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Voted no here because it still ticks all the boxes I'm looking for in an MMO. The only thing that would make me lose interest is some radical shift in the game they are developing that removes/fails to deliver on what I've seen so far.
    I'd rather see ready/polished than rushed any day (rushing out an MMO is pretty much a death sentence for it).
  5. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

My 'check the forums everyday' routine would likely become lax, but I would certainly still keep tabs on it and get back into the everyday consideration once it gets closer again.
  6. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

First, can we please stop using W* for the acronym? It makes us look like clever asshats...

Also: No. Infact, I almost want them to push it back to 2014 just so they can get the stuff they need done... done...
  7. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I know that people don't believe in console version of MMOs but new generation is capable to deliver good MMOs, so I wouldn't mind to see some MMOs produced for them someday. I wouldn't underestimate console players as well and many pc players would jump the ship if companies did great MMOs on them (technically it is possible). I know that people can say that controllers could be a problem. But they have enough buttons, touch pads and what's not and chat can be done with mics or by attaching a keyboard. It is just companies think about console players as more casual or something but they are mistaken. It's just my opinion which may not be valid and there are some threads here already about it.

Edit: Regarding release date. I think they have many things done well already. I rather have them employ a few more people but finish it until the end of November than postpone it further and release it in some ridiculous month like March. If they can't get basics right till then then they should not rush and take even whole next year (I would stop visiting forums until month before release though).
  8. Zilvis78

Zilvis78 New Cupcake

I don't think interest is the right word. Focus is correct though, i'm not sure( at the moment) I could keep up this level of tweeting,forums,chats,socializing,casts every single week for a year. maybe but I dunno lol I'd still totally do what i could but if it was a confirmed year priorities might have to be adjusted.
    Rizzalliss likes this.
  9. Gomer

Gomer Cupcake

B
    I don't think people are against MMOs on the consoles, they are against having games clearly made for PC being ported to console. I'm really excited for Bungie's Destiny and yet I am strongly against having my PC MMOs (ala Wildstar) brought to next gen systems.
    Rizzalliss likes this.
  10. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

It's not the controllers I am concerned about. I can adapt. It's the community.
    Imagine the population of an MMO becoming like that of an FPS due to the higher level of access children have to consoles than they do decent PCs... no thanks.

And this.
  11. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

That I can agree with.

If good MMOs appear on the consoles some adults who don't have PCs (they may use tablets/laptops) would happily switch to consoles. I'm one of them. The problem is that game companies still don't release PC like games on consoles. Maybe indie games will slowly close this gap and someday it may stop matter and all communities may have enough of every type of people. And let's not underestimate console players. They are closed in their boxes and they keep telling to themselves that they don't like pc games because it is a self defence mechanism (they can't afford PCs). But if you give them good PC game ported to their precious consoles they will immediately call it a console game and be very happy to have it. Witcher games were very much PC games from my perspective but they still made a huge impact on many console players.

Edit: But we are off topic here :)
  12. mysticjbyrd

mysticjbyrd Cupcake-About-Town

Consoles are inferior to PCs in every single way. Their simplicity is their only appeal.
  13. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

You make it sound like you can only be interested in one mmo at a time. Its not the case.

For me, If their gong drag this out another year or 2 i don't have the patience to be teased for that long and probably invest more time looking into other games.