1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Would you pay to reserve your ingame name on all servers?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by SnailPlissken, Nov 28, 2013.

?

Would you pay to reserve your ingame name on all servers?

1. Yes

38.1%
  2. No

61.9%
  1. SnailPlissken

SnailPlissken Cupcake

Like the title and poll says, Would you?

This was just a crazy thought I had last night while I couldn't sleep cause I was laying awake fantasizing about Wildstar.

Anyways! Here's the deal!:
    For 25€/£/$ You could reserve your in game name. No one else but you can use this name on any server.
    Would you pay or pray... that no one else snags your name?:)

OBS! I'm not saying I want this feature/opportunity, I'm just posting a hypothetical question:)
  2. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

Well, $25 is a lot less than £25. But, for the right price, yeah I probably would.
  3. SnailPlissken

SnailPlissken Cupcake

Yes you are correct about that, however that is usually the way it goes when they put prices on digital products. At least on steam:)
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I would pay to reserve a name, but I would pay like $25 dollars to reserve a single name. It's just more than I would pay.

I would pay if I could reserve like, 3 to 5 names.
  5. Elloa

Elloa Cupcake

This service should come altogether with pre-ordering the game, or possibly a "collector" digital game, but 25€ only for that service? No, that's way too much.
    I'd rather just make a character myself to block the name.
    Agent Drew, Sonntam and Sapien like this.
  6. Darkace

Darkace Cupcake

Pay to reserve a name on its own , No chance. I could go to the pub with that money , drink myself stupid and come up with another one.:)

If it was part of a pre order deal as Elloa posted then I would possibly fork out a bit extra for a collectors edition as I would pre order anyway.
  7. SnailPlissken

SnailPlissken Cupcake

Hehe of course you could spend the money on more "fun" things. But 25 bucks to have a Wildstar exclusive name could be more rewarding then a hangover:)
  8. Sarigar

Sarigar Cupcake

I'm confident the names I want won't disappear quickly, or at all, so I don't believe I would pay to reserve them. If I had my heart set on being "Ken" or "John", then maybe.
    SnailPlissken likes this.
  9. UndeadJester

UndeadJester New Cupcake

I usually don't have a problem securing the names that I use in MMOs. If, as others have said, it was part of a Collector's Edition or Pre-Order deal, then I would pay for that.
  10. Jallan

Jallan New Cupcake

Nah, I wouldn't.

It would however be a nice addition to some collectors/deluxe edition tho idk.
    Tribe likes this.
  11. Agent Drew

Agent Drew Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed, as part of a pre order it's a nice little reward. As a separate fee it would just feel like a cash grab that I wouldn't really appreciate.
    SnailPlissken likes this.
  12. Cortinian

Cortinian New Cupcake

As others have said, I think as a single purchase probabl not, but as a perk for peordering/special edition yeha probably

Cort
  13. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

there are way better options. it honestly shocks me that I am about to play another game with 1 word, exclusive names. no i wouldn't pay for something that should have been fixed a long, long time ago.
    Ianpact likes this.
  14. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

This is the best way to do it!
  15. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Why can't you people search? Do we really need a naming thread every other week? Especially when the answer is so obvious. Of course people will pay "if the price is right" to reserve names. For Tsw this "right price" was $10, and it was seemingly used a great deal if the forums were a decent indication. Some players reserved upwards of 5-10 names for various reasons, which locked others out of using them. Of all the things to monetize, this shouldn't be one of them. People will use such a system to actively grief others, the grand Cube experiment that Molynuex ran is plenty evidence of that. All this topic is going to degenerate into is those for super secret snowflake names and those who think those people need to get over themselves because its foolish.
    GoatSlayrr and Apostate like this.
  16. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Ok I hadn't heard of that experiment, so I looked at a few articles and I guess I'm missing the connection with griefing, although it was a pretty interesting experiment and made me laugh a bit.
  17. Livnthedream

You had the opportunity to pay to remove, or pay to add, and plenty paid to add just to prolong it. There was no reward structure in place other than keeping others from having something, I would call that griefing.
  18. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Nah, not for any amount. I'm way too cheap for that. I'd rather come up with another name.
  19. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Oh wow...ya I didn't see that part, lol....damn that would have been fun to spectate, what an evil little experiment that was.
  20. Livnthedream

From what I understand it was stupidly successful too. Its things like this that really make me question the sanity of anyone who fights against microtransactions.