1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Would you pay to reserve your ingame name on all servers?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by SnailPlissken, Nov 28, 2013.

?

Would you pay to reserve your ingame name on all servers?

1. Yes

38.1%
  2. No

61.9%
  1. Genophix

Genophix Cupcake

I wouldn't pay to reserve my name because I fundamentally disagree with the idea that because I've got more money than another players my enjoyment should be greater (and I know getting the name I want is important for various reasons).
    schmell likes this.
  2. Roq777

Roq777 Cupcake

Maybe as part of a early deposit payment for the box, or those that go for the year sub, but not a specific payment just for the reserve. I'm defo getting any CE that they offer regardless, so it would be a nice bonus. Of course, this doesn't guarantee anything as many people will be doing the same thing and may want the same name. Please don't let this be something Beta tasters get either.
  3. Eliat_kuni

Eliat_kuni Cupcake

No,

Carbine philosophy - It's for people who want a challenge. Don't want to challenge yourself to pick a name or buy the game on the first day to reserve your name. Tough luck buttercup.

What's next buying leveling potion?

Again we see people whining for more convenience instead of being REAL gamer.

Joking aside,
    I see this as a dangerous precedent because Carbine could fix the problem with code but would choose instead money for a problem they created themselves.

Bean counter start to see the potential revenue stream, they put pressure on the direction of the game and then we have a micro transaction p2w/whale system.

The main reason why I like a subscription model is that the solution is never monetization which I believe lead to a better game. Micro transaction for even one aspect would be against that philosophy.
  4. schmell

schmell New Cupcake

Amen!
  5. Genophix

Genophix Cupcake

I've heard the Mechari will be able to use numbers in the name (which is kind of cool for Robot race) but I don't see why they just don't allow a two word name policy. I know in GW2 there was never any chance of getting the names I wanted as a single but with a bit of imagination a two word name at least gave me some chance.

I hope the devs are listening and change this one.
  6. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

I think I would, I tend to only use one character name so to reserve that name across all servers would be neat, and worth the investment for me personally.