1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"WoW Clone"

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Whatley, May 30, 2013.

1. Whatley

Whatley Cupcake

Ah, damnit. This is what I get for giving in to the rant and posting such a contentious topic in the first place. As soon as I posted this I limited it's ability to be a productive discussion. So I apologize for creating an atmosphere of anger that has lead to infighting.

Hakuna Mattata y'all. It doesn't really matter.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  2. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

My feeling is that word of mouth will tell them what they are missing. There will be organic growth just like there was for WoW. So, they can and will make assumptions now because they haven't played it... but when they start hearing from people who have, they will try it - and the game will grow accordingly!
  3. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Guys, really. You should know better than to outright fight in the middle of a thread. Please try to refrain from such behavior. Anything else just looks silly. </Mod Monocle>
  4. Trigger

Trigger Cupcake

If Wildstar is a WoW clone there is no hope for any other new mmos, because besides GW2 and maybe The Secret World which I did not play, this is the most unlike WoW mmo I've seen so far since WoW came out. They're made by some of the same people and so there are similarities. But, they also have a heaping amount of differences.

I guess it would really just have to come down to how the actual game plays but right now, there are so many features big and small, that are a far cry from what WoW has.
  5. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

When people say 'wow clone' they just mean that this new game is similar but probably small and evil in comparison to WoW ! :)
  6. Drapetomania

Drapetomania Cupcake

The point is is that even with WoW's success and clear innovations people still called it an Everquest clone.
  7. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

Yes now WoW is very innovative but it's an 8 year old monolithically successful game with 4 expansions. When vanilla dropped it was a horribly balanced casualised EQ clone to the core.
  8. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Don't respond to anyone refering to "wow clone" as an argument, because it is a troll term used to garner a respons from the "fanbois" (another overused cliché) of whatever game it is refering to, and usually used by people not really worth enlightenment (just to sound sufficiently elite and fanatic) and out of the reach of factual information - those you most likely would not want to share a generel chat with anyways.

Repond to people, who can put their worries into actual sentences, that relays what similarities has them worried - since it is different depending on playstyle, server type and a wide range of other factors - these are the people you may find fun to share a generel chat and group with, because in taking time to communicate they also show, they are interested and may just need a small nudge to get there -- or to find out where to find better information than what they have already aquired.