1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Exclusive - Pay It Forward

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Carbine have been talking about it, you've been prepping your content and now... it's time to pay the piper! WildStar Central and Carbine Studios have teamed up to make this your official stop to submit your Pay It Forward entries.​
    Please, keep all discussion regarding submissions and any questions to this announcement, and submit entries (only) to the submission thread link below.
    Kenyar likes this.
  2. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

<Moderator growl> Please, only post questions, and discussion about the Pay it forward here. If you want to submit a nomination, use the link in the opening post. Thank you! </Moderator growl>
  3. tr1age

tr1age Cupcake

What do they mean when they say:

Is this for people who have no submitted their own work and we think it is good? Or is this for others to talk about submitted work?
  4. Zap-Robo

Essentially, you can nominate people for what they've done in the community (or works they've created). That thread should have no discussion about anything that is posted, however. You can discuss it here on this thread instead :)
  5. Myrrdhinn

You can submit your own work/contribution there, or you can say you love XYZ for doing ZYX. Or you can do both. :)

Carbine will decide who's gonna get invites, but yes. Submit your own contribution or nominate others for theirs. :)
  6. Derek Kim

Derek Kim New Cupcake

Has Carbine set a deadline for the Pay it Forward submissions?
  7. Myrrdhinn

No set date at the moment.
  8. Warslyfe

Warslyfe Cupcake

Awesome I submitted my contribution!

...and yes there is plenty more where that came from. :cool:
  9. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

I like that they're doing this... it's a great way for the community to recognize who has done what and what they may bring forth.

The problem I have is that because the people are so upfront with the community that giving them a beta access would mean losing these people to contribute to the discussions and speculations. It is VERY difficult to talk in a casual manner about something when you know the discussion at hand is wrongwrongwrong.

I've been in Beta's before. It is very difficult. Thankfully I know i'm not the only with such a disposition to keep my mouth shut when things call for it... but this is something that Carbine is really gonna have to trust people with.

I'm hoping they don't announce the winners... That would cause a... very bad PR relation... something I don't want to see.
    Rizzalliss likes this.
  10. Myrrdhinn

I don't think they will. The beta is under NDA, so you're not even allowed to say that you're in or not.
    Noxx likes this.
  11. JTCMidas

JTCMidas New Cupcake

While I apparently did not sign up on the forums until now, I have followed this game for a while now and I don't have any nominations or art or anything like that to share.
    I just wanted to say that I think this pay it forward initiative is a great idea because it does let people point out who they think is a strength to the community. There will always be people who go out of their way to help others out, create FAQs and guides, art and music and writing, and a lot of them don't get the credit they deserve. Good on you for offering this opportunity.
    verb, Noxx and Myrrdhinn like this.
  12. Roland Daemon

This is obvious, but I could see them giving a special NDA for those that want to show off aspects of the game... but I find this unlikely.

Still.. I'd hate to see the more popular/active members go/stop talking. Everyone always says 'oh, i'll be fine' and whatnot.. but.. things can always slip :/
  13. F8L Fool

F8L Fool Cupcake-About-Town

So are Carbine going to review the submissions themselves in that thread and then request the contact information from WSC? Or, are WSC staff going to review them and forward certain submissions to Carbine?

Curious how the actual process is going to work.
  14. Zap-Robo

It's all in Carbine's hands - they'll request the info from us so they can contact the relevant people privately. WSC has no part in the selection process - we're just facilitating the community exchange :)
    RedSam777 and Yusuf like this.
  15. F8L Fool

F8L Fool Cupcake-About-Town

Wow, I figured they would use WSC staff as an additional filtering resource of some kind. That's going to be a crazy amount of forum posts to go through. Either way bravo to the site for helping out and kudos to Carbine for the fun event. I look forward to the submissions.
  16. Roland Daemon

I would hope they would do 100% of the work. It was like that with the town hall meeting that SVG did a month or so ago. Having anyone's hands but carbines touching the info is gonna get alot of peoples panties in a bunch.
    RedSam777 and F8L Fool like this.
  17. Karonte

Karonte New Cupcake

Great idea :D
  18. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

Indeed, some mods could be biased to certain members or they may have their own contribution, it's better this way.

I just hope they are giving plenty of beta keys and not just a few dozen. Also, I'd like to thank Myrrdhinn for that one like on my contribution. I see some people have taken some of my submissions and made their own things with them, I don't mind but a like would have been nice :)
    RedSam777 likes this.
  19. tr1age

tr1age Cupcake

I want to say I am LOVING the Aurin fan art. Great work so far! By far my favorite is: [​IMG]
  20. Myrrdhinn

Well.. I liked it, so it's natural that I show it somehow. :D

And yes, it's good that we don't take any part in the selection. It's crazy enough to watch the thread constantly. :D
    ScruffyHealer likes this.