1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Exclusive - Pay It Forward

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

It's because she's naked, isn't it? ;)
  2. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Jerkbeefy likes this.
  3. Nimydh

Nimydh New Cupcake

Hi ..can i post in " PIF " section some pictures with buble chat in french or only in english !?
  4. Noxx

Noxx New Cupcake

There are a lot of arts I really like I hope you guys can get in the BETA and please remember the people who's down here who supported you all the way! I know it hurts but at least deserving people are you going in GOODLUCK GUYS! :) I'm checking out a lot of arts and contribution way to waste my time :)
  5. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

If it isn't rule breaking or offensive, then yes. I think you can post it. :)
  6. Spoodey

Spoodey New Cupcake

Does anyone know how long the Pay it Forward event will last? Also, is there any way you guys could comment on how you're going to be picking the winners/how many people will be chosen? :)
    EDIT:
    Disregard my last question, I thought WSC was helping Carbine choose who won.
  7. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

Well, unless Carbine themselves out you as in the beta, in which case you are at least allowed to acknowledge that fact. There are a handful of testers who've been outed in WildStar Wednesdays, tweets or podcasts. (Or all three venues.) So hypothetically, they could announce winners publicly, but I also agree that for something this large I kind of hope they don't since it could cause a lot of community friction.

And, since this thread is also where to post reactions to submissions, I was excited to stupid levels to see my local geek bar (the AFK Tavern) had submitted WildStar artwork they'd painted on one wall to the competition. I haven't gotten out to the AFK for like two months, and now I need to make a point to go again soon.
    vicksen likes this.
  8. freethinkaa

freethinkaa New Cupcake

!!!! Good people of Carbine,
    How will I if I will NOT be getting a beta key? I mean, I absolutely hope I get one, but if I don't, then I'll be waiting and waiting and waiting until I learn the hard, when the game comes out, that I did not get a beta key.

A suggestion I have is, when you give out all of the beta keys you're willing to give out for this Pay it Forward, can you announce it'? I have issues with waiting for things. I'm like a lady at sea waiting for her dead sailor. It's sad.

Thanks. :)
  9. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Unless you can point out specific instances of this, I don't know anyone that's testing the game outside of carbine themselves.

If anyone has said they were in beta and tweeted/podcasted it.. I would expect a quick reprimand for such.
    Gyoin likes this.
  10. Shablast

Shablast New Cupcake

Actually they mentioned about a handful of people but had one beta tester on wildcast podcast.

http://www.mognation.com/Podcast-detail/wildcast-4-we-visit-carbine/

And yes you are right about mentioning you are in beta when you should not be.
  11. Packetdancer

Packetdancer Addon Cupcake

I can think of a few people who have been outed by Carbine in one venue or another, though I'm not going to point most out here.

But I was actually speaking mostly from personal experience; Gaffney outed me by name in a WildStar Wednesday back in April. Last week, I went down to visit Carbine and recorded a podcast (at Carbine) with Bitwise about addon development in the beta, linked in an earlier post.

My ability to pretend not to be a tester is, at this point, basically nonexistent.

Similarly, at PAX Prime in August, Carbine has announced they are holding a Q&A panel with some of the beta testers. And just as I have lost any real ability to pretend I'm not a tester, anyone on that panel will also likely lose their anonymity and ability to pretend not to be a tester. And as Carbine are the ones organizing the panel, we can trust they're aware of that fact.

So, just because testers generally are not supposed to admit to being in beta does not prevent Carbine from telling folks someone's in beta, NDA or no. So it is not impossible that Carbine would choose to announce the Pay It Forward winners openly/publicly. For some things, they've felt it was worth it to have testers' identities become known; being able to show off the winning submissions/reasons might be something they'd look at that way.

I personally still sort-of hope they don't announce winners for Pay It Forward publicly, because I admit I think it could lead to some strife. But there's nothing policy-wise stopping them from doing so; the existence of the NDA does not mean Carbine cannot announce the winners.

Hopefully that helps clarify. :)
  12. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

Has Carbine given any ETA for the beta invites related to the event? Or will this be an ongoing thing where like once a week the community team has a meeting to pick "winners"?
  13. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

Seems like the submissions have slowed down a bit, I don't think many more will be posted, maybe a couple of more pages.

Honestly, I expected more submissions. They have 66000+ likes on Facebook and there are currently about 300 posts in the submission thread. The posted submissions are awesome, really shows the dedication that some people have towards the game and the devs, I just expected more submissions, that is all.
  14. Talberry

Talberry Cupcake

Have to say, the submissions in that thread are absolutely incredible. You know the community is amazing when they can pull out some of this stuff. There's so much creativity and selflessness (in the nominations) it hurts my brain just to absorb it all, and I think that's going to make Carbine's job even harder if they have some kind of limit on how many they're giving out.

Absolutely outstanding work, everyone. Even if you don't get an invite, you should be damned proud.
    Krakuun and Myrrdhinn like this.
  15. Myrrdhinn

They haven't gave us info on this one. They'll handle all the selection when they'll have time for it, probably next week.
  16. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

That doesn't help me at all, I need much much more specific answer to stop myself from checking my email every 30minutes :D

Thanks for the answers though!
  17. Myrrdhinn

Sorry, it's all we've got for now. They'll start checking them next week, so you can take a break from the constant F5 button mashing, at least till monday :)
    kuunkulta likes this.
  18. Roques

Roques Cupcake

I think that everyone who took the time to submit posts regarding Pay it Forward on this forum should get an invite. Those are the people most likely paying it forward in the first place :) Just my opinion!
    Spoodey likes this.
  19. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

Start next week? I thought they said they would "comb through" them this weekend and as far as I know, some of the Carbine community people already went through the thread and at least one of them is going on vacation next week. My guess is Monday is the day they reward the "winners", if not sooner.
  20. k3yper

k3yper New Cupcake

Monday would be my guess too. Beta keys is almost everyones goal, but just simply playing it in general is a delight all want to experience.