1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Exclusive - Pay It Forward

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. k3yper

k3yper New Cupcake

A little fun with Wildstar, and an eye catcher. Anyway to help people get wind of this game is worth it to me.

[​IMG]
  2. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

Ascary likes this.
  3. k3yper

k3yper New Cupcake

4. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

That's what they said to us when the event started. They've not said anything to us about the PIF since then.
  5. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

Uh oh, what if they are waiting for the WildStar Wednesday to showcase their favorite submissions and announce the winners.

"Aether was last seen: Friday at 10:36 PM" doesn't raise my hopes up about seeing anything today, unless this isn't accurate or he just wasn't logged in to his account whilst browsing.
  6. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

I am really hoping we hear back today. This pay it forward thing went on longer than planned it seems and with submissions presumably closed I would like it to be off my mind. Seeing as how this is probably my best chance at an invite I'd like to know.
  7. Winterheart

Winterheart New Cupcake

To be honest I'd rather they take some time to look through and think through whom they want to send keys to. But even if some have contributed more than others they are all important so I'm not sure I'd want them to announce to everyone whom they decided as the "best". Though an announcement stating the end of submissions would probably ease peoples minds a little. :)
    Jerkbeefy likes this.
  8. Roland Daemon

I just want to point out, that while it wasn't against the requirements....

This seemed more like a 'Pay it to myself', rather than a 'Pay it Foward'

But hey, with beta keys on the line (and it not being against the requirements)... I don't blame a single person for it.
  9. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

Yeah I payed it to myself and other people and it might be coincidence, but someone who I recommended publicly said he got in even though I have not =(

My thoughts exactly. I'm checking my email and the forum here every few hours, its unhealthy!
  10. Winterheart

Winterheart New Cupcake

I don't know man, I'm surprised at how much time people have dedicated to helping others and spreading the word of WS. And the description was slightly changed to include fan-made artwork, music and the like and I think that was a fantastic idea! Spreading the word of Wildstar is helping the community grow no matter how it is done. :)
    Dustbrother likes this.
  11. Roland Daemon

Like I said, there was nothing in the requirements that said you couldn't promote yourself. I'm being abit too literal for the 'pay it forward' part. There were alot of submissions that made me laugh incredibly hard because of how absurd they were, but that's just me.

There are alot of people who have done good things that most people would overlook, and a thread to show off WHAT you've done is great. The people that deserve keys will get them, i'm sure.
    Mykol likes this.
  12. Roques

Roques Cupcake

Anyone hear anything yet? Am I the only one refreshing my email/facebook/forum page every 3 minutes?
    Nadala and DiscoNinjaFrog like this.
  13. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

Only every 3 minutes? You are not worthy! But seriously, haven't heard anything, however, I've kinda been stalking Aether's profile and he was looking at the submissions a few minutes ago (my stalker notes say that he was at page number 14), so there's that.

I am enjoying this way too much.
    Nadala, Mykol and Roques like this.
  14. Roques

Roques Cupcake

hahaha Touche' my friend. I have to get some kind of work done!
    Finger's crossed!!! Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we all prevail!
    ScruffyHealer likes this.
  15. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

LOL SAME
  16. Cottonspore

Cottonspore Cupcake-About-Town

I know it did kind of become "look what I did" but I'm really kinda glad of that, because it actually got a lot of people to MAKE things. Some people picked up drawing for the first time and took a shot at it for Wildstar. Who knows, maybe they'll have a new hobby? Maybe people discovered hidden talents they didn't realize they had because of this. And people made some really cool things, too, like the blackboard drawing in that pub! Or funny things, like the raps, or the humorous fanart, and stuff like that. I'd never have seen any of that if it weren't for the Pay it Forward contest, and I'm really glad I can now. It was really a pleasure to read through. I'm still reading through it!
  17. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

yeah its nice to know that there is a group of people who are just as obsessed with the game as me. i just recently finished looking at all 18 pages of submissions.

how can you tell which page he is on? haha TELL ME
    Cottonspore likes this.
  18. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

The thing is, I really can't. He was last seen looking at the submissions thread, then I refreshed and he was last seen looking at the Armory thread, refreshed again and he was back in the submissions thread. The Armory thread is submitted on page number 14. That's all I've got, I'm no Batman.
    Roques likes this.
  19. squa1o

squa1o New Cupcake

F5 standing by!
    Thats some scary sh*t xDDD
  20. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

I love it that the fans are going big brother on wildstar devs to divine where the payitforward stuff is. I REALLY hope we hear today. That they are on the West Coast gives me hope.

EDIT:

As of 20 minutes ago he tweeted that he was in his doctor's office. Might not get too much out it today.
    Opie Macleod and Jerkbeefy like this.