1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Exclusive - Pay It Forward

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. k3yper

k3yper New Cupcake

I agree. I was talking to my wife about how that same understanding about how things can go both ways when it comes to "hearing down the grape vine". If people get the proper and legitimate information that is not magnified beyond reality, they will get an authentic point of view about not only the game but the details that make the game.
  2. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

This result wait is torture and the NDA makes it worse. No telling when they're going to start sending the invites out, no telling how many days they're going to spread this out over. I'm assuming we'll see an "All invites sent out for Pay It Forward" Tweet or something but who knows. At this point I just want this to be over whether I get a key for my silliness or not.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Agreed. I just want to put my mediocrity and suckiness at all things media behind me. D:
    Opie Macleod likes this.
  4. Roques

Roques Cupcake

Hahaha this is awesome. No matter how patient we tell ourselves we can be, it's killing us! They said they would start announcing the winners the week of he 8th. So there's no telling whether that's Monday morning (obviously that's passed) or WildStar Wednesdays, or even Friday before the weekend.

The terror!!!
  5. Superreccaman

Superreccaman Cupcake

The other question we need to ask ourselves is whether we will be able to play beta today if we get an an invite because we dont even know what days of the week beta servers are up.
    Ribak likes this.
  6. ScruffyHealer

ScruffyHealer Cupcake

I actually got an email, in my dream/nightmare last night. It was horribly written and it said that I won't be getting a beta invite, ever.
    Xlugon Pyro, Mykol and Ribak like this.
  7. Vodka19

Vodka19 New Cupcake

lol... hit like if your constantly logging in, refreshing, staring at the screen waiting for a reply ...
    "[​IMG]

:laugh: me starring at home computer ^^^
    Spoodey, Ribak and Jonchron like this.
  8. jasondean

jasondean New Cupcake

Why isn´t the submission thread closed yet? Thought the event ended on friday?
  9. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

Thanks, now I'm going to have this nightmare as well.
  10. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

This whole thing has seemed ad hoc and rough shod to me. A hasty idea posted with little thought and then roughly re-thought and reposted. The thread should have been closed, we should have had a date and time of closing before hand, and they should have gathered the winners together in an excel file with their contact details and mail merged an invite to everyone. Once you have the list of winners it would take 15 minutes to generate the invite e-mail and send it out. I don't for a second believe they have a system as unsophisticated as to require everyone being added to the beta by hand.
  11. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

They can't close threads only us mods, but they haven't told us to do so.
  12. Ribak

Ribak Cupcake

Thanks for the insight, it is much appreciated.
  13. Spoodey

Spoodey New Cupcake

Yeah, all of my friends play wow (as do I). I've tried so damn hard to sell the game to them but they won't have any of it. I guess some people just don't like change.
  14. Mykol

Mykol Cupcake

I'm glad the submission page is still open. I won't have time for any more submissions myself, but I would hate for someone to miss the chance to show off something amazing just because they were a few hours late finding out about this event. I'm sure even now they would accept submissions if they are done well.

Like it was mentioned, the original idea was vague so I'm sure they can bend their own rules about deadlines while still sending out beta invites. Once they start, doesn't mean they can't send out more.
  15. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

If I'm lucky enough to get in at all, it'll be based on what I wrote up vs. my actual submission. I'm almost starting to regret putting up my image at this point. :(
  16. Opie Macleod

Opie Macleod New Cupcake

Just a reminder for those on the refresh diet.
    Week of. Not today. Not Tomorrow. The Week of. Which means they have until next week to contact people. Just something to keep in mind for those camped out in front of their computers.
  17. squa1o

squa1o New Cupcake

Let me say the same but with other words. Maybe Today, Maybe Tomorrow, Maybe Friday. THAT is what's making people go crazy with the f5, we have no idea when it will be so some people keep refreshing hoping to receive a mail :)
  18. Roques

Roques Cupcake

I'm going to have to agree with the above statement. THIS is what is making the F5 key in need of replacement. hahaha THE WEEK OF, is so broad it's mind boggling. I've checked my means of private communication (which is how they are going to send the invites) all day. Like 9,797,856 times today. FML lol
    Ribak likes this.
  19. Fudge

Fudge Cupcake

I'm surprised some of you could even sleep last night for the nightmares to occur. It's sad, but it took me about 4 hours of tossing and turning on the bed to finally fall asleep. All that was going in my head was, "it is officially Monday now, I'll know whether my attempt failed or succeeded in the morning". And then I came to this page and someone decided to explain the "week of 8'th part". On top of my broken f5 key, I'm worried I won't get sleep for the next 4 days lol. Anyways, hoping I'm not the only one losing sleep over "thinking" about a game.
    Jonchron and Roques like this.
  20. Dex Charisma

Dex Charisma Cupcake