1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Exclusive - Witty WildStar Competition

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Introduction
    And we're not done yet - time for another competition here on WildStar Central. We've still got full-bore beta keys to spare and we want you to have them! This time around, we're hosting a joke crafting contest - the only theme being WildStar!

Prizes
    We're throwing everything we got at this one - thirty (30) winners of this competition will get a coveted WildStar Closed Beta Key direct from the presses at Carbine Studios.

Example Joke
    So, what kind of joke are we looking for? We're a family-friendly kind of site so keep things roughly PG-13-ish and try not to make too much of an essay to make things easier on our judges (probably me!). Perhaps something like...

Timeframe and Entering
    To enter, all you will need to do is email your joke to competition@wildstar-central.com before 11:59pm EST on 24th February 2014 (other timezones) - the entries will be judged by your friendly WSC staffers and the winners assigned one of the WildStar Closed Beta Keys.

And yes you heard us right before - we're upping the ante and throwing out 30 keys, kindly donated by Carbine Studios. Plus this time, they've let us loose with the keys ourselves so we're taking on the heady task of picking the winners solo!

Your entry email must include...

- Your joke in a plain text format
    - Your WSC forum username
    - Your real name and postal address (for legal purposes)

Please note that your entry will also be agreement to our competition terms and conditions (listed below). Plus, there's a few things not to do with your entries...

- Do not send duplicate/multiple entries/emails
    - Do not send more than one email
    - Do not send images/attachments

Any of the above will result in disqualification - please help keep the judging process simply and easy.

Terms and Conditions
    By submitting an entry to the WildStar Central "Witty WildStar" competition, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:

1. The winners will be chosen by WildStar Central staff from all eligible entries emailed in by the deadline. No other method of entry shall be considered valid.
    2. Only 1 entry on a single email per person. More than one entry or more than one email by the same person will disqualify all entries. Submission deadline closes at 11.59pm EST on 24th February 2014.
    3. Winners will be contacted by email and prizes will be distributed by WildStar Central.
    4. This competition is void where prohibited by national and/or international law. The entrant assumes the total responsibility of knowing that they reside in a state or territory that prohibits such contests and are subject to any local, state or territorial laws. WildStar Central accepts no responsibility for making these individual legal determinations.
    5. Entries must adhere to the instructions given. Any entries that do not adhere to the guidelines will be disqualified.
    6. Only thirty (30) prize winners will be assigned, at the discretion of WildStar Central.
    7. WildStar Central cannot be held responsible for extenuating circumstances that may postpone or terminate this contest. In the unlikely event that a contest is postponed or terminated, information will be posted on WildStar Central.
    8. In the unlikely event that a prize package becomes unavailable prior to prize distribution, WildStar Central reserves the right to arrange any prize substitutions.
    9. WildStar Central admins, moderators and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this contest.
    10. By entering this contest, you agree to assign all rights relating to your entry to WildStar Central - allowing WSC the exclusive right to reuse, distribute and share your creation.
    11. DISCLAIMER: WildStar Central has no official ties to NCsoft Interactive.
  2. Toppdek

Toppdek New Cupcake

The example was the exact joke I thought of before I saw it, haha D:.
  3. ElokinX

ElokinX New Cupcake

Knock Knock
    who's there
    Chua
    Chua who
    Chua some?

Cheesey i know ahahahahh
  4. Tim

Tim New Cupcake

Got the best one coming up ;)
  5. ElokinX

ElokinX New Cupcake

Welll jeeeze can't delete this now cuz it won't let me x.x
  6. Paul

Paul New Cupcake

Oh god XD
  7. Gardavil

Gardavil Cupcake

A joke contest?

Umm... aaa....

OK, but my humor is 99% accidental, you may have a tough time reading mine when I finally come up with something...
  8. Emanfig

Emanfig New Cupcake

knock,knock
    who's there
    Granok
    Granok who?
    Arn't you glad i granoked first

;)
  9. Wraitsul

Wraitsul New Cupcake

Two guys were walking their dogs and came across a bar. Since they were hot and tired from walking the dogs they decided to go in and have a drink. Unfortunately, the bar didn't allow dogs. There was no place to safely secure the dogs, so thaey started thinking of ideas to get in the bar. Then one of the guys had an idea.
    "Just watch me and follow my lead," he said.
    He walked into the bar with his dog and the bartender stopped and said to him, "I'm sorry but I can't let you in here."
    The guy looked at the bartender and asked, "Why not?"
    The bartender replied, "Well, we don't allow dogs into the bar."
    "But this is my seeing eye dog," the guy said.
    "Oh, I'm sorry sir come on in, and by the way, nice golden retriever."
    The guy went into the bar and the second guy walked in with his dog. The bartender stopped him and told him he can't let him in. When asked why not the bartender replied that you cannot have dogs in his bar.
    "But this is my seeing eye dog," said the second guy.
    The bartender looked at the man and then looked at the dog. After a while he said, "Sir, ah... um... a Chihuahua?"

The man looked a little puzzled and then said, "What? They gave me a Chihuhua?"
  10. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

Huh. I'll toss my hat in on this. Glad the deadline is a few days from now, I'll have an easier time coming up with something after weekend shenanigans since off the cuff humor tends to work the best for me.
  11. Raven0713

Raven0713 New Cupcake

Just one question, do we make a .txt file with the joke and include it in the mail or just type the joke in the mail content?
  12. Zap-Robo

In the mail context, no attachments please!
  13. Raven0713

Raven0713 New Cupcake

Well no wonder i didn't win any keys yet! It just came to me to ask the question, i always sent attachments!
  14. Jimbo McDoodle

Jimbo McDoodle New Cupcake

oh boy I sent in two of my jokes instead of selecting one, where is the unemail button.
  15. EatDuck

EatDuck New Cupcake

are we getting confirmation that you guys received it or no?
  16. Goldenwolf

Goldenwolf New Cupcake

So I went ahead and mailed mine in, and they were as follows:

Joke #1

"Knock, Knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "I stalker"
    "I stalker who?"
    "I stalker you!"

Joke #2

"Knock, Knock"
    "Who's there?"
    "Chua"
    "Chua who?"
    "Don't chua me!"

Variation of #2

"I chua"
    "I chua who?"
    "I chua you!"

You can go ahead, and try and steal one. I guess technically since I can only do one, I prioritize my Joke #1. :p

(Hope me sharing my jokes is okay Zappy Zap Zap!)
  17. Stychu

Stychu New Cupcake

Looking forward to Win !! :inlove: :D
  18. Zap-Robo

It's email - if you don't get a bounce message, then you can be assured it arrived.
  19. Haydos

Haydos New Cupcake

Where would you find cupcakes in wildstar, you would have to search for all the carbine studio employee's cupcake built houses, which means NO CUPCAKES FOR U! unless you are named hansel and gretel. and a wicked mordesh answered the door :)
  20. gryphter343

gryphter343 New Cupcake

Why did the granok's wife leave him? Because he took her for granite!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.