1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Livestream Beta Key Giveaways

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Introduction
    Want to have a chance at winning a WildStar Beta Key? Then you'll want to keep an eye out for the WSC Twitch Channel going live where you can have the chance of winning one of thirty (30) beta keys available (for the week).

Where and When?
    The WSC Twitch channel is located at http://twitch.tv/wildstarcentral and goes live usually around 10-11pm EST - showing live Closed Beta gameplay from WildStar (subject to beta server availability).

However, it is entirely possible it could go live any time from 7pm EST weekdays, or any time at all on the weekend!

Giveaway Process
    You will need to be signed in to Twitch TV chat and be present in the WSC Twitch TV channel in order to participate - when the giveaway is running a keyword will be issued to enter into the Twitch chat.

The winner(s) will be selected by a random roll and should you be selected, you will be asked to supply your email address (via Twitch Private Message) so your beta key can be forwarded to you privately (along with appropriate instructions on how to get started!)
  2. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Oh my, going to be spamming that twitch refresh non-stop.
  3. Zap-Robo

Follow our Twitter account and Twitch account and you'll get email notifications - so then you can spam F5 for beta invites and live streams!
  4. Benzecry

I'm anti-social media, no twitter, facebook, or anything. I have to do these things the hard way. First world problem moments galore.
  5. Zap-Robo

So, first day of streaming and five keys made their escape into the wild.

Assume that if you see WSC streaming with me at the helm that keys are not far behind.

I'm trying to foil giveaway hunters a little by not explicitly popping that detail in my stream title - I want fans of the game (new or old) to win!
  6. Benzecry

Was a lot of fun watching the carnage. Thanks for trying to be fair to people who actually keep up with this stuff. :up:
  7. Alain Fair

Alain Fair New Cupcake

Hopefully I'll be able to win!
  8. Furiux

Furiux New Cupcake

To bad i can't enter this giveaway. The streaming times are bad for people from Europe:/
  9. Kyuincy

Kyuincy New Cupcake

ahh the times D: are bad for me but what so ever i am willing to wake up at 6 am xD
  10. Raven0713

Raven0713 New Cupcake

Yeah it's like 5 in the morning here :( Cant watch unless i chose to fall asleep at work :S Would be awesome if you guys moved the streams a bit during weekends so us EU guys can get a chance to watch :)
  11. Zap-Robo

This is why we do a forum-based competition as well, so that people regardless of timezone can contribute. Alas, during EU timezones I'm either asleep or working during the week.

I'd recommend hitting up our friends over at WildStar Core for streams at EU times.
  12. Raven0713

Raven0713 New Cupcake

I know, wasn't really serious :) I know that if the current time does not agree with me than time that would be normal for me isn't normal for you and so on :) Keeping my fingers crossed for the forum giveaways :)
  13. Rivele

Rivele Cupcake

why is it always twitch contests? whatever happened to regular contests, though i know there was one or two quiz contests and a limerick contest but most is hosted on twitch. is it mainly to try and get traffic on a persons twitch channel?

what about art contests or something else that takes a little extra?
  14. Zap-Robo

Art contests favour heavily those with artistic talent - we try to steer clear of those.

We have a caption contest running for those who can't catch the stream - we'll never abandon our core audience here on the forums!

But to be frank, the livestream giveaway is easier to run (due to available software) and serves a dual purpose in that it shows off the game as well to an audience who might not have seen gameplay yet.
  15. Rivele

Rivele Cupcake

some of the people who been running livestreams also have been trying to get people to donate and it deters people. it also excludes the people who do not have the time to be able to sit on a site for hours just to win. plus one or two were a bit vulgar and people do not want to sit and listen to nonsense most of the day.

also don't forget about botting. people can use a bot system and have multiple accounts to try and win.

the vines contest favored certain people and the limericks contest favored certain people so in that it don't make sense either.

making an art contest will allow the people that do not have the ability for the others or time constraints to be able to grab a key.
  16. KI Gamer

KI Gamer New Cupcake

Will there be another video up? I missed it... :cry: