1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

WSC Weekly Meet-and-Greet

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Autumnal, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

"Another idea from the random mind of me." You've been warned.

As we develop as a Community, I've noticed that the WSC Chat is an oft-under-used resource for our Community. More often than not, it is an idle chat.
    It is my thought that we should have a weekly "Gathering" on WSC Chat to discuss WS, WSC, Carbine, and "whatever".
    We are the future Lifeblood of WildStar, so it's propbably a good thing that we get to know each other, and offer a place for the Newcomer to test our pool of collected knowledge.

And hey, if Carbine wants to drop in for a formal/informal "Q&A", I *suppose* we could make arrangements for that, too. :p What better way to (gently) ask our myriad questions, right?

Since we are a Global Community, it would be up to a logical consensus of exactly "when" is a good time, offering availability to the majority of people.

This idea, I leave to you, my fellow Community Members.
    Dragor, ImmortalExile and Brotoi like this.
  2. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I must say, ideas like this, and even without the clever images I've grown so fond of, are exactly what we need more of!
    I'd join in, of course. Time permitting.
    As for a good time... well, I work shift scheduling, so I never have a set time any day of the week.
    I would love to get involved more, and if I am absent, I would love to hear what happened in my absence. Should, or... when this idea comes to fruition, I think a log should be kept. An archive, if you will... posted weekly of the meetings.
    In any case. Great idea. I'll leave it with the "Immortal Seal of Approval".
  3. Autumnal

I think I have just the thing, here...

[​IMG]
    Celsus, Brotoi and ImmortalExile like this.
  4. ImmortalExile

I take what I can get. ;)
    Autumnal likes this.
  5. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

Maybe the people that cant get into the chat, can write down questions in a thread, so everyone is happy, even when they cant paticipate actively in the chat.
  6. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

If we get around to having a Q&A in the chat, we'll probably be able to set up a bot that can take people's questions. We did this with Rift, and the WildStar chat is hosted on the same network, so I know it's possible. This way, if anyone is unable to be there themselves, they can pop by, submit their question(s) to this bot and then come back here to read the transcripts when it's over.
  7. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

That bot thingy sounds even better :D
  8. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

I can confirm we'll be having an irc chat with Carbine some time in October.

Stay tuned for more info as it develops.
    Dragor, ImmortalExile and Autumnal like this.
  9. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

10. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

In the meantime, I like the idea of weekly get-togethers! I've been meaning to join in the chat, but again it's an issue of time. Still, I'd love to get involved, even if it's just as a fly on the wall while I work on getting other things done. What time are people available? Evenings? Days of the week?
  11. Autumnal

K, we seem to have a general consensus (and LOVE the confirmed Carbine time).

I, myself, am on Eastern Standard Time, work weekends, (but can log from work), so any day/evening is open, for me.

Your scheduled availabilities, my peeps?
  12. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Not Thursday evening (EST). Pretty open beyond that. Monday evenings are always open.
  13. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Pacific time here, work weekends. Mondays are relatively open, I'm at the computer Sun/Mon and Tues/Wed for raiding, I can slip the chat in another window. Fridays I'm out, that's tabletop gaming time with friends. ;)
  14. ImmortalExile

I'm Central time... have a ridiculous schedule, but will make the meets as often as possible. Mark my words.
    Actually, I'll consider them marked for you all in advance.
  15. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

I'm available whenever I'm not sleeping, typically. Random things may get in the way, but nothing scheduled.
  16. alienfirst

alienfirst Deck the Granok Winner 2011

Yes please! I work Monday through Friday, but Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays are all completely open! I would definitely be here for a meet-and-greet.
  17. Nonsensicles

Nonsensicles Cupcake-About-Town

Just thought I'd note that we had a minor flurry of activity in Chat today. :)
  18. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

I'm in EST and work 5 days a week, so I can ber online probably every evening.
    Its so exciting to have an IRC meeting with the devs I'm the future :D
  19. Etrigan

Etrigan New Cupcake

There is a bot for that which makes it alot easier to gather and distribute the questions in a organized and timely manner so the devs won't get bombarded with questions upon questions.
  20. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Digging this thread up, how does WildStar Central Sunday sound for people? (I admit it, I like the catchy names!)

This'll be an unofficial chat affair - no dev attendance (unless they want to come hang with us Rabid types!) but we'll have the chance to discuss the weeks' WildStar Wednesday and Community Uplink together. Plus, it'll give potential new fans a chance to stop by and ask questions!
    Thee, Autumnal and Dragor like this.