1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Year and a Half of Raid Content

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Livnthedream, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

I do believe this statement is in need of more attention.

Edit: Since apparently it won't link the statement is at 56:42, with Wildstar commentary starting about a minute before that and 3 minutes prior to that Eso slamming.

http://youtu.be/fKX1aZe0OgE?t=56m24s
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. shakenbake

shakenbake New Cupcake

This video is three hours long.
  3. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

[​IMG]

Poorly done meme's are best meme's
  4. Livnthedream

Should be linking directly to the timestamp, it does for me at any rate.
  5. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

It is not. Luckily, I had a late breakfast to keep me entertained while I got the the relevant part.
  6. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

This is something I already knew about, and doesn't really surprise me in that 3 raid tiers would be about 6 months each and that should be right about when you would drop an expansion anyway. Besides, this just gives more credit to their comments about providing monthly content updates, if they already have all this raid stuff done, then they can focus their energy on that other monthly stuff.
  7. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

And for those of us that don't get linked to the timestamp, any chance you'd like to share it with us?
    It doesn't even show up in the link, so I have no clue where you want me to look.
  8. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

The quote is at 56:50, and it's Jesse saying that he spoke to a Dev at Pax East and they told him that since the game has been worked on for so long, they already have a year and a half of post launch raid content.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  9. Livnthedream

^ That.

Tried to relink, did that by chance fix it?
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

nope - starts at 0:00 on the vid.
  11. Livnthedream

Well then, I must declare that the new forum software sucks and Robo needs to get it fixed!
  12. calebrus

calebrus Cupcake-About-Town

I noticed the same thing when I posted a timestamped link in the past as well. It starts at teh right moment for the linker, but not for anyone else. I just added text with the correct starting point in addition. Problem (sort of) solved.

Edit:
    reported this post so Zap & Co can see that there's an issue with timestamped links
  13. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

See, I don't see issues like this buried in threads - you need to Report or post in the Feedback forum. I've turned off auto-embedding. So now you can post specific links all you like!
  14. Livnthedream

Thats too much like work! Gonna see if I can update the op yet again!
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

So I watched the video man the eso slamming was classic.
    I also loved TB's face when the Jessie said the line.
    He was almost considering playing wildstar at that point.

Got to say if there is indeed that much content ready for launch I will be impressed.
    I guess wildstar big problem is to get people to keep playing till endgame judging by the constant threads about how wildstar's leveling sucks and what not.
  16. Livnthedream

Well, between how the content is laid out at 50, and the previous dev comments about spitting 50/50 between leveling and endgame it suggests its accurate. Even if it is just raid content thats like the next 2 tiers maybe, so 2 20 mans and 2 40 mans or so? Even if they are only ~70% or so complete most of that "work" comes in the form of asset creation, which all of the play testing and such can be done without using placeholders. The 1.5 year is certainly in the realm of possibility, just surprised it hasn't garnered attention. With how large their viewing audience is I can't be the only one who watches who is interested in Wildstar, and I haven't seen the comment or anything close to it pop up anywhere else on the other boards I skim over.
  17. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I rarely watch podcasts and when I do wildstar is never mentioned =(
  18. Livnthedream

I don't watch them, I listen while I do other things. I tend to spend a lot of time in Bethesda's creation programs (Creation Kit, Geck) and it keeps me company while I do stuffs. Even the Youtube stuff you can download as .mp3 with various programs and take care of that commute, or depending on job listen there. :)
  19. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Agree on both accounts - also the fact that only a portion of the audience is interested in raiding to begin with, and an even smaller set is interested enough to look up vague details like this
  20. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Impressed indeed, a job well prepared is a job with high success rate.

Correction on the last portion though: there are threads talking about the beginning zone leveling (below 10) as not "hard enough", no one who played past level 15 ever made such remarks. I'm actually starting to wonder if the difficulty at times will turn some players off, there will definitely be frustrating moments. I hope they have alternative options for those who are not as nimble as I can certainly see people dread going into caves or enemy areas alone.

To be fair, questing won't be the reason that attract people to Wildstar. Combat is, lore is, and there will be combat and lore in questing. The questing system itself though is probably not the primary selling point. But then again, I guess that's the case for all mmos, there wasn't an mmo that I played because "it's got a great questing system". If I'm to rank from personal experience (and to give basic credit, I'm an altaholic in every single game so I've done a LOT of leveling) GW2 questing was more innovative than the rest, WoW and Tera are even more repetitive and well, a LOT easier, than Wildstar, and SWTOR was on par with Wildstar. From my beta experience with ESO, the questing itself in ESO approaches classic RPG in terms of linear independent story lines, which is refreshing, but it's got tons of other problems like lack of choices and denying organized questing (which is very important for altaholics, the only way you can make doing the same quests the 10th times fun is to challenge yourself in doing everything in pre-organized bundles most efficiently), so it's imo on par with Wildstar in that department.

But I digress. I'm just saying that I don't think questing in general will be an issue. Maybe start up zone (below 10) as all the threads are made about these levels. But then again, Wildstar isn't F2P, if you've already paid for the game and a month of playtime I doubt people will just stop before level 10 and put it aside because "it's too easy". Especially when there's constantly people telling them that later on it gets hard.

Given that one of the biggest and most central claim of Wildstar is the promise of Endgame PvE content, this fact SHOULD be consolation to all, not just the raiders. It shows that they're well prepared when they make promises, so if they later make a promise to expand on solo exploration the players can be more confident that they're prepared and they'll handle it well. Besides, having those contents already means they're definitely committed to a steady environment instead of quick cash. Lastly, 1.5 years worth of contents already done means that within these 1.5 years they can do a lot more development on other things, which very likely will involve other aspects of the game beside raiding.