1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Year and a Half of Raid Content

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Livnthedream, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

I do agree with many of these (though maybe not feeling it to that degree), and from what Carbine has been changing I think they'll get fixed little by little. I like the way you said it: no one can force anyone to read/watch the story (or enjoy/care about it for that matter), but they can certainly improve the experience for those that do. I'm just saying caring and at least trying to enjoy it is the first step to make ourselves happy.

I turn my datachron off to avoid path quests when I really want to level, and I often turn challenges off immediately just to avoid hearing "challenge failed" when I least expect it. But maybe it's because of the level, or maybe it's them actually did some changes to it (can anyone else confirm?), the past beta weekend I found the challenges to be a lot less hassle --- I don't get an immediate "challenge failed!" as soon as I leave that area, I seem to always get at least bronze award just from killing necessary amount of quest mobs, so that way at least I won't have to keep listening to "challenge failed"... And some of these challenge awards are pretty good actually, decor and nice gears, they give an interesting lottery twist to it so that even bronze award is a decent thing to get. But again, maybe it's just me reaching that level now that I'd need some extra gear to make killing faster lol...

I think they'll work on the quest tracker still, in terms of explaining the quest objective and/or background story more intuitively. Right now if we click on it it shows the direction (which is helpful) but doesn't get to the quest log, I think this can in the future be improved for those of us who resort to finding clues in between the lines. It's a bit intense, this is what I told my friend who got a little frustrated because he wanted to do some relaxed questing but found out that he needed to be on top of everything he's doing or risk getting lost in quests. I still think that with the right mentality people can enjoy the intensity in there, aka being proud of the organization that goes into a smooth leveling experience. BUT, I also know that most people will think this is TOO intense to the point of frustration, so for the sake of everyone I agree that it can be more streamlined.
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think it's more a matter of timing. Like in the example about the Protostar SOS quest. You go into the cave to mark the mining deposits. That's also when you get the kill Yeti objective. Then as you finish and make your way back across crash site you can be contacted about the recovering the crew objective. Instead of just everything pushed on you almost at the same time.

Like say you had to go into a Dominion outpost to kill the boss. When you reach the outpost a 2nd objective to kill dominion forces trigger. You make it to the boss and defeat him and that boss drops another objective to recover weapon plans. Completing that quest gives you another objective to fire the weapon at the Dominion base. The weapon just so happens to be located on a path that you would take anyway to leave the base. Once you fire the weapon (there's a pretty little animation and, for you, the base now looks destroyed) you get another objective to salvage supplies from the wreckage on your way out. This example just basically gives you six quests, which is common in Wildstar for a locatin, but gives them to you in a linear and progressive fashion that you can focus on one at a time. Some quests in wildstar are like this, but far from all.
  3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Much of what you are talking about aren't even "quests" though. If you pay attention to your log there is a clear difference between "quests" and "tasks".

Don't get me wrong, I understand some of the complaints. I understand the gripes of those who expected and therefore want, a linear and fully fledged story. The problem is, that isn't what they advertised. I can understand the complaint of "too many quests" to an extent, except most of what you are told to do aren't "quests". There is far too many people coming in with expectations from other games and demanding to adhere to that rather than learn how Wildstar is set up and works. My problem isn't with people having expectations, its with them refusing to let them go when they see that they clearly do not work as this framework is different.
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Very true. My dislike is more towards it's organization.