1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

You are trespassing... or not

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Mykor, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

We know the house plot owner will be able to give access to others. The owner will also be able to restrict the access to only friends, guild member, or the whole server.
    But will we be able to restrict access to the plugs (outside), and floors of the house?

Take for example, a guild leader. He might want to setup his house like so:

Outside
    The server is welcome. The guild leader uses this section of the housing plot as an "introduction to the guild". To show what they have to offer, what they have accomplished.
    You can look at the different plugs (since some might be raid only drops). But the access is restricted to viewing only. You cannot use any of the plugs (raid entrances, vendors, ferris wheel, etc). Those are for guild members and friends only.

First floor of the house
    Let's suppose guilds will have ranks (rank 1 = officers... rank 2 = senior members and raiders.... rank 3 = new members/alts).
    The first floor of the house is open to only guild members not matter the rank. This is where the guild meet up, where they socialize with other guild members, have a drink. Guild members can interact with the items but only rank 1 characters are able to change the décor.

Second floor of the house
    You might want to only allow rank 1 and rank 2 characters access to the 2nd floor. Here is where you are to meet/prepare before a raid. There might be a guild vault up there where raid items are stored.

Will housing have that level of access? Would you like it to be that "complex"? Or simply have your whole plot at the same level of access?
  2. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

As they are instanced unlikely to have that many levels of access. What you are speaking of would be something more suitable for Guild Housing instead of personal housing.
    Malorak and FruitPunchHero like this.
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Along that same question I wonder if we will be able to kick out annoying people who wander to our house plot? Or even ban certain people (like those we have on an ignore list) from entering our housing plot if we set out plot to 'public' so that normally anyone could enter it.
    Tribe likes this.
  4. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I can answer all of your questions with one answer!

Welcome to the NDA......

No CB4 till late November....
  5. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Not to derail my own thread, but they push back the next CBT? I thought it was suppose to be in October. If you can link me the article/video, I would very much like to read it
  6. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

I would like them to let us set up something like one of these on our housing plot:

[​IMG]

And have us program player names into a "kill on sight routine" in it.

I'd sit back and invite one of those players to my house just to see the fireworks.
  7. Domi Dayglow

Must remember to always knock first before going to Zell's house.

I can't really find any reference to the next close beta or pushback. Just the information from the end of Closed Beta 3 when they announced the revamping of the leveling process.

Though, after seeing this Wildstar Wednesday and the Shiphand missions, I'm excited again! I wonder if shiphand missions were part of the original plan or are something new that's been added.
  8. AusterlitZ

AusterlitZ Well-Known Cupcake

Gaffney said mid october
  9. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Having a bouncer at the "door" of the house plot would be nice. Let those on your ignore list be told to keep walking.
  10. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

They said they're going to have a blacklist for the house and a whitelist as well, with variations on if they just have access to enter, act upon, and edit items in the environment. So, you can set certain people to be able to just enter the land, while other certain people can be your "designer."
  11. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

I for one wouldn't give any guildies privileges to change anything. That is how you end up with lewd drawings on your floor made from props. :p
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  12. Domi Dayglow

I wonder if there will be a 'spraypaint' option for such vandals.
    ruff_ethereal and FruitPunchHero like this.
  13. Zenatsu

Zenatsu Cupcake-About-Town

VIP Club house. New Theme for Housing. New Plugins for the right price.

Install a Granok or Mechari bouncer (depending on faction) Plug to watch who comes in your house. You can give them a custom guest list, and leave out the undesirables outside to wish they were important enough.

New Laser lights, DJ booth, and a unique "club" house with upstairs VIP lounge. All the grills will be twerkin your poles with bumping bass and throbbing beats.

Housing layout starting costs at 20,000 gold. Plugins sold separably.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  14. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

I want to be able to set my plot to a public free-for-all PvP zone. Oh the fun I could have...
    CptElendi and FruitPunchHero like this.
  15. Domi Dayglow

Unfortunately I don't remember anything being listed as being able to set your home as a pvp area. Though I guess that's kind of sad. I mean, how else are Granok supposed to communicate with other races without a bar brawl?
  16. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

The mentioned having designated arena areas as plugs.
  17. Domi Dayglow

Boxing rings! That would be fun. Anything from a super high tech Chua Ring of Doom to a punch of ropes tied around sticks for a Granok ring.
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  18. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

I do like the idea of gated areas that was said in the original post. gettng a guild hall could be super neat. having like a weapons wing, where the guildies can hang out and pvp, but then having a waiting room type thing, for guild initiates, and then having a basement, that is off limits to most, being a super secret sanctum of secrets, type of place.
  19. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!