1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

You get a rez! And you get a rez! And...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Cazargar, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Yeah, I see this attitude a lot from the CoH/Co crowd. It hapens some from Gw2, but for the most part they seem to stay with their zerg garbage pve.

The bolded part is almost entirely within your control. Which is the biggest sign that you are the problem, not the combat system.
  2. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, I see this attitutde a lot from UO/EQ crowd, it happens some from vanilla WoW people. They should stick with their punishing rogue-like MMO dreams though.

How is it within my control if another player on my team dies? Or if they commit an action that makes it impossible for me to survive? In any group situation death is anything but entirely within your own control.
  3. Livnthedream

Except that is blatantly false and you clearly missed the point. The numbers of players who found CoH challenging is absurd. That game was horribly balanced and was a joke for any group that knew what they were doing. The fact that many times you could complete the content, at level, without a piece of the trinity speaks volumes.

If you are dieing because your teamates are not doing their jobs, then you teach them better or replace them. You do afterall choose your teamates. Outside of a handful of fights I have yet to see an encounter that was not beatable. If you (and by you I mean your team) are failing then you need to look at what you can do to improve, not ask for easier encounters. And yes, adding the ability for you to make numerous mistakes and still win is making the encounters easier.
  4. Ark

Ark Cupcake-About-Town

ok im just going to go ahead and assume you are trolling. What i have said, FROM THE START, is that the content should be designed so that half the raid does not die. It should be designed so that this CAN happen, but that if it does, it is considered a failire and a wipe.

I have made this very clear so unless you are able to grasp this concept i see no reason to continue this chat with someone who is making no attempt to understand.
  5. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Very well said.

*Troll face*

In all seriousness thou; If a guild does a raid fight, it is enough punishment to start the fight over and go trough all the phases you have done already million times (Lich King Heroic anyone?). If someone manages to stay alive and ress the whole raid, good for them. They get to play more and practise more. If they aren't up to the task given to you by the fight, they will die again and spend more gold in repairs. There is really no reason to punish players artificially and make them corpse run half of the time they raid. The time people have to use in to playing is finite.
    Sonntam likes this.
  6. Livnthedream

Its called a "death penalty" for a reason.
  7. jackashflash

jackashflash Cupcake-About-Town

I agree, the fight itself is the penalty.

However, from a video I saw you can resurrect in your current spot for a fee. Sort of like how a shaman can use his reincarnation. Not sure if this will work in raids, but I don't see why not as long as it is out of combat. It has a CD, but with a 20 or 40 man raids you know lots of people will have it available. I foresee that being used in raiding extensively to prevent wasting time running back, so its not necessary for someone to survive somehow.

Also, whether everyone has a res or not isn't terribly important either, because there should be more than enough healing classes that can pop up to res everyone else.
  8. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

I never claimed that it CoH was hard, but neither was it a trinity based game. Most of the content I played in that game could be soloed, which was great. There's nothing particularly better about a game that does use the trinity, it's really a pretty baby system in the first place that only works when you mentally handicap the AI.

I would rather be able to run content with the team that is available when I want to run it, than to have to carefully manage a team that is all very expert at the content in question.

Yeah, no, not interested. I like being able to recover from bad situations.

If you feel like taking a jog every time you die, then take a jog every time you die. Nothing's stopping you. Just don't try to enforce that sort of penalty on others. Have some self-discipline.
  9. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

The trinity nerfs the AI because any halfway competant AI would kill the healers first, then the DPS, then the tanks, no matter what the tanks have to say about their parentage. How many Trinity games do this? Those would be the ones that aren't for babies.

Why? I'm pretty great in a group. I've carried groups more often than I've been carried.

Exactly. Let everyone set their own difficulty level, don't restrict the game to only those who would choose to set their difficulty level on "Very Hard."
  10. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

<Moderator growl> Okay, that's enough! Please stop this heated debate and stop the personal offense! </Moderator growl>
  11. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I have only met that twice in MMO games. Faction Champions fight in Trial of the Crusader raid in WoW and Priestess Delrissa fight in Magister's Terrace in WoW.

Some people loved those fights, some hated it. They were truly a different kind of a fights as PvE players were forced to play against "PvP bots" and step out of their comfort zone.
    Sonntam likes this.
  12. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

<Mod Fab> Please don't make me let Myrrdhinn off of his leesh, I'd much prefer things being more cival... </Mod Fab>