1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

You get your last ability at 31. Then what?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Vyril, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

As the title suggests.

You get your last ability at 31. So from 31 - 50 you get nothing?

AMPs are included in the ability lists for 1 - 31.

I'm hoping this is only for the current beta build and they'll add the remaining abilities in a later build.

I'm not so sure this will happen though. When Carbine talks about abilities they don't seem to even hint at their being more than what they are showing off now. Including the quote from a Carbine Livestream "30 or so abilities"

Are they keeping eldar / late game that tight lipped? Where they don't even talk of a large ability pool to come? I would be cool with that, if it ends up being a huge surprise and we get a ton of content that we didn't see coming.

Anyway how do you feel about this if it ends up staying this way?
  2. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

I think it s great, 20 level to tweak your build and master it and be of some help when you ll ding.
  3. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

I'm 50/50 about it.

I like getting new abilities when I level, and I feel that those last 20 levels will be a little sad with no new abilities to earn.
    At the same time, having all of my abilities at 31 gives me 19 levels to mess around with new builds and ideas, I can learn how abilities work, learn what combo's work for me, and refine my build before elder game. I dislike having an ability unlocked at level 48 thats a centerpiece to my raid abilities, it gives me so little time to figure out the best way to use it.
    Laura and Deadmeat like this.
  4. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

have they said for certain that you get your last ability at 31? or will they space out when you get skills every other level for 14 on or so? amps probably gain points each level too and i doubt youll be able to max your amps at lvl 31 so theres abilities you wont even have access to through amps.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well then I got 20 levels to focus a bit more on:

Housing
    Getting everything with my path (leveling up path)
    Leveling up crafting
    Killing off Exiles with every single ability! (we need test subjects!)
    Doing all Adventures
    Doing all instances
    Doing all solo dungeons
    etc.
    etc.
    I can go on for a little while, but you get the point, right?

Also you have AMP's including.....what about tiering?
    So you still have subtle changes in your abilities :D
    SnailPlissken likes this.
  6. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

They haven't said anything either way except that there are about 30 abilities for each class. In the current build all classes have 30 abilities.

As for the AMPs you won't need to MAX out your AMP to get the abilities in the trees. Because if you look at the ability list it says what level you can unlock the ability and that it's acquired through AMP.
  7. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

A lot of people don't find any of those things "character progression"

Tiering doesn't give new abilities.
  8. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

I absolutely hate this. It's one of the main reasons I quit GW2 early as there weren't any abilities to look forward to. They should spread the abilities out more if this is the case.
    Kaoshi and Mellkor like this.
  9. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

Off topic..

I miss bleach =(
    Xanafel likes this.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

That's not what i'm saying:
    That is exactly what tiering does. Providing subtle changes/extra's/bonusses in your spells. I never said it gives ''new'' abilities ;)

Also where is your prove that AMP's run out at level 31? I haven't read it yet...but that means nothing, I can miss things aswell (although not on the lore part).
    Bad luck for those peeps.....:sneaky:
  11. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I dunno, tiering can make a lackluster ability turn into a great one. I think earning the ability points each level as well as AMP progression will be more than enough character progression post level 31 ... at least for me.
  12. Drokk

Drokk Cupcake-About-Town

This goes hand in hand with the limited action set. You'll always be able to select a slightly different, unique build. Even if you got new abilities the last 20 levels you might not even use them, since you can't use them all at once. Instead you can tinker and play around with different combinations during those later levels. As long as the pool of abilities available up to that point is sufficient, I would call it a positive.
  13. Wildebeest

Wildebeest Cupcake

Except it changes the abilities, some quite drastically changing your build. If people measure character progression via new spell acquisition they should be on Skyrim, not an MMO.
    Arkana and teh_ninjaneer like this.
  14. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

nope, that's it. nothing to do after that. no way to improve your character at all.

by 31 you have won the interwebz and are encouraged to pursue a life of envying those who are still happily playing Wildstar.
    Arkana, Blue Tunic Man and CptElendi like this.
  15. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

It's not that AMPs run out at 31. You don't gain any new abilities that you don't know about outside of level 31.

When you look at the Ability pages you can see Level XX Unlocked through AMPs
  16. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks

You're obviously full of troll :alien:
  17. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

I can't get behind that.

You're saying the 3% deflect increase AMP makes you excited to level from 31 - 32?
    Or that +10 damage to your builder from tier 5 to 6?
  18. grimduck

grimduck New Cupcake

Agree with Haversham, the tiering of ability's as we level as well as AMP progression. can't just be shrugged off, time will needed to be spent seeing how changes to tiered abilitys play out in PvE/PvP, how a ''pimped'' ability suits your play style. if that's not form of character progression. i don't know what is. more doesn't always mean better in my opinion and given nearly 20 level's to level with a limited action set should mean people learn to play there class and what action sets are best for what situation they find themselves in. not always the case but there is always hope.

one last thing on the live stream for engineer didn't they say something along the lines of AMP's will need work post level cap for elder game ?
  19. Pestilinz

Pestilinz Cupcake

They said on a livestream a while back that not all AMPs will be earned through leveling. There will most likely be different challenges or what not to "earn" more AMP points. So you got 19 levels of "AMP point collecting" so to speak if 31 is the actual ability end level. More so a possibility is they wanted everyone to enjoy and test all of the abilities considering it's a beta and will eventually spread them out during open beta/live.
  20. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

arent there abilities that unlock with amps? like full abilities.