1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

You get your last ability at 31. Then what?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Vyril, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I think another thing to keep in mind is that through more amps unlocking and whatnot, your abilities will feel different too. Some will do more damage, others will have CC or DoTs attached to them. Your character will play differently in the later levels. It's like Extatica is getting at, while the names of the spells don't change, the spells themselves do as leveling proceeds. Characters are not stagnant during this time.
  2. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
    I actually like what they are doing, when considering they want to give players the choice to play how they want. It's not fun having 60 keybinds and 30macros to do some of the stuff "other" mmo games have.
  3. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

It seems to be a perception issue, no amount of discussion will solve it. I personally like that I do not have to wait till max level to get the basic tool kit, and it is awesome that the rest of the time leveling could be spent on exploring AMP and tier choices.

On the other hand some people like getting something new every level or so, even if that new ability is simply a ranked up version or another skill, or an ability that becomes useless at max level due to the way it scales with level a gear.
  4. VaughnHaught

VaughnHaught New Cupcake

You are right, solutions have been made, but not by you. You can sit here and challenge everyone's opinion but then what is the whole point of this thread if not for you to nit pick. That is okay that you have high expectations for a AAA game, however, Carbine know's what they are doing better than you or I. You act like you're doing this thread a favor by "challenging" other peoples thoughts but in no way are you doing it in a productive way.
    To be honest, your argumentation is fallacious; so to a degree you are not that good at having a constructive discussion, which is what you are saying you want.
    At what point did I say you learn a level 50 character at 3o? With that statement you are either, a. not understanding the point, or b. ignoring the point just for the sake of arguing.
    I said you get all the skills at 30 and experiment with your LAS and AMP skills so by the time you are 50 you have more of a grasp on how you want your character to play, however, it doesn't stop there because you continue to obtain AMP points through elder game, thus continuing to develop your character, EVEN AFTER 50! WOOT WOOT.... AND I also speculated that there is still the possibility that they can still be distributing the abilities up until 50, because it is still Beta.
    With that, I truly hope you find some sort of resolve with the topic and find the game to be more than you expect it to be. This will be my last response to you because I know you are going to have some sort of rebuttal and I do not wish to argue further because it is not helping this discussion.
    Have a good one sir.
  5. VaughnHaught

VaughnHaught New Cupcake

^^
    Indeed, I agree with you there. I also like the idea of the "basic tool kit" analogy you gave. It seems fun to have all the abilities to learn, which rotations you like under what circumstances, and to further develop abilities, via AMPs, to make new rotations.
  6. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

On one hand, it sucks because you don't get to look forward to new abilities. On the other hand, you get 20 levels to tweak and learn the ones you already have. And the biggest pro of all, for me, is that every class won't need literally 55-60 freaking keybinds to be viable in pvp.

I am so so so glad that W* is going with a limited action set, and the relatively small cons that come with it are okay with me.