1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Your Dream House

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Ryth, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ryth

Ryth Cupcake

Hey all!

Off the bat, sorry if this has been done before - my forum searches didn't turn up anything similar.

Ico has just linked to this week's community uplink asking you what you'll be using your housing plot to do. And utility is super important, but as more of a creature of aesthetic, it makes me consider a different question:

What do you envision your dream house plot *looking* like? Do you have a theme in mind that you're hoping you'll be able to realize? Sprawling manor? Forbidding castle? Utilitarian warehouse to store your guns and the taxidermied remains of your enemies?

Personally, I would love to have a house that looks like a decommissioned or crashed spaceship. I've always loved the idea of having an internally customizable ship, even if it doesn't exactly fly (a desire that TOR hasn't accommodated, unfortunately), and also I think it opens up a lot of possibilities from an RP perspective (think Cid Highwind in Rocket Town).

But enough about mine! What's yours?
    Painguin and Myrrdhinn like this.
  2. ebakrans

ebakrans Cupcake

Personally I want a mansion on a nice plot of land with a robot gardener and a robot butler at the door and maybe a pond and a little zoo for my mini pets I collect to roam about. I would love to see things that gave a reason for people to show up to my house, maybe crafting stations that have better than average crit chances or the buff stones and stuff they have talked about. But I want to see some fluff too, like how cool would it be if you could drop a tennis court out there on your property and have a tennis mini game or a mini gladiators arena where anyone who walks in there gets flagged so anyone can attack anyone but you can only get to 1 hp then get teleported to the entrance (just wishful thinking of course).

My concern is how people will find the place, I mean I know you can open things up to the public but how does a random person just find your plot and come hang out. How does a house become its own mini hub where everyone is there to hang out when they aren't slaughtering every NPC in sight on Nexus. It seems to me like everyone is just going to go to their own place or maybe a friends from time to time but I don't see a lot of random people just showing up to see what you are up too without a reason to do so.

I am thinking of the EQ2 instance housing, while I loved my little spot I can't think of a single time I ever happened upon an unknown person in my house and I think I ran into one of my friends once unexpectedly, but only cause he had logged out in there the last time he was over and I had forgotten that.
  3. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

@OP: We tend to keep the uplink discussion in the official news thread itself, we don't lock them for that reason, your topic goes slightly beyond the question though so I don't feel there's a need to merge them!

I think you'll be able to do some sort of /who on players then if their plot is public, possibly a teleport option? That seems to be the most logical way to me anyway, especially with housing being instanced!
  4. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

Can I have something underground? It is easier to control temperature under the ground.
    LONG LIVE THE MOLE PEOPLE! The SUN is not your friend!
  5. ebakrans

ebakrans Cupcake

Oh I am sure there will be some sort of who function both Rift and EQ had nice lists of all the available instances and who owned them, Rift took it one step farther and added a look up for friends and guild members and all that. I guess I was more concerned with WHY would someone go to your plot over their own instead of how to find you. I mean all things being equal but my house gives me rest xp why do I want to go to some random persons plot.

How do we get a random organic gathering of strangers on some random persons plot, how do we turn it into something more social?! Or do we just leave that for the major cities and leave the housing as it is in most other games where it is instanced and your house is rarely seen by more than a few other folks.
  6. AusterlitZ

AusterlitZ Well-Known Cupcake

Pictures of Christina Hendricks everywhere.And the ability to kill people that step on my lawn
  7. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I just had thoughts of Exiles TPing Dominion houses during Halloween. Or throwing eggs at the doors.
  8. Misfit

Misfit New Cupcake

I could picture myself with an Adams family style house :devilish:
    Huffle Puff likes this.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

I'm going to name my plot Animal Crossing and invite as many aurin as I can to it and create an aurin club house!
    Baamz and Verilyn like this.
  10. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

I want home build from bones of our enemies (as they build them from our bones :()
  11. PatriotBob

PatriotBob Cupcake

You...
    I don't...

Can we use ears too?
  12. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

As an Aurin... surrounded by gardens and furry critters.
    The interior would be more of an enclosed wild life reserve where my Aurin could observe her little insect buddies. The down side is that no one would be allowed to enter, as they may step on her bug friends.

As a scientist... Test tubes, test tubes everywhere! A giant lab stuffed in one area, with operating tables, green goo and weird tanks full of random test subjects. A futuristic living area with an active robot servant. Nicely kept lawn, with a simple garden growing weird plants for formulas. Friends always welcome, but enter at your own risk. :)
  13. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

Mine will be very fancy with all the treasure that I find while exploring. I will have lots of huge parties at my house, so... Get on the same realm as me!
  14. Alistair Cain

Alistair Cain Cupcake

Something like your house in Fallout 3. Cupboards and shelves to stash your weapons/items. A robot butler. A few benches/first aid stations for in-game convenience. A shelf for collectibles/trophies. A place to call home :)
    I forsee a lot of Exiles inviting Aurin over to their place for a pool party however- take that Hugh Hefner! We have real bunnies ! In your face :p
  15. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

In speaking of pools, we know we will have an option for gardens, crafting stations, barbeque pits, even a mine and other resource nodes. I hope we'll have pools too. Especially since we have seen some underwater action in some videos. It would be neat if you could make a little water tunnel from one body of water to another on your property.
  16. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

as i understand it at launch you get a blank slot so you can build any of the few presets. I am sure with updates you would be able to get a design you prefer but i dont see a crashed spaceship as an option because this is something you build .... who would build a crashed ship?
  17. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Steampunk house made of bronze and iron. Pipes with smoke, cogs, and other goodies all around. Also I'd love to have a nice pile of Mechari parts in the back where my Exile has collected them over time.
  18. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

I'd like something relatively tall, like a tower, but not necessarily a full tower, more like a Victorian house with a tower structure built in. Ideally it would have an open shaft down the middle, with the rooms arrayed around it several stories high. I'd also love to have it set up like a library inside. I'm an altaholic and plan to have numerous characters of both factions, and would like all of them to be able to live in a single house.
  19. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

Need I say more?
  20. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

I want pets in my house. EQ2 did this beautifully with a combination of pets you could buy from merchants (some VERY expensive, some very cheap) and gets you could only get from playing the game (usually about level 30 and up). The cats were especially good, as they would wander around your house, jump on the furniture, etc. It added a LOT to the enjoyment of the house.
    Additionally you could open the house for the public to view, but not touch anything of course, with friends given separate permissions to either add/move/remove things.
    So, I want items I can buy, find, etc. (Probably already planned.)
    Seems WS has taken a page from Faunasphere and Glitch and are going to allow crops/mines/etc. for the home plots. Great in my book. I'll try to work in both.
    Fortunately, they're not going the GW2 route and ignoring housing. A big mistake there.