1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Youtubers who have played Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by t209, May 14, 2014.

1. t209

t209 Cupcake

Let's see
    - Cinnamontoastken (I didn't see it in archives but this site streamed his video).
    - JesseCox
    - Yogscast
    - Martyn Littlewood
    - Totalbiscuit
    - Angry Joe
    So I think that's the list.
  2. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

-Fevrir (He is one of the most informational ones out there)
    -Corspealot (This guy is incredibly bitter about MMO's in general, hes a bit extreme)
    -Zybak (Devs have featured his raiding videos)

Not sure if there is anymore, I will point out that quite a few of the youtubers opinions differ. Joe is indifferent towards it, Jesse loves it judging by the podcast, Totalbiscuit seems fine with it, Corspealot is very critical on it (to the point of being extreme), Fevrir likes it but remains critical on certain aspects.

I'd honestly look at all of these people and then make your decision instead of just trusting one person's opinion on it. Angry Joe's was a biased perspective and Corspealot's was a bitter perspective.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

When do you consider someone a ''youtuber who have played WildStar''?
    Cause I do know some youtubers around the 300-500k sub mark that are streaming WildStar gameplay aswell.
  4. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Personally with the vague term youtuber anyone who posts videos who played wildstar could be on the list.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  5. Dist

Dist Cupcake

Does it really matter if a YouTuber has played it or not? I assume most who are interested in MMOs have at least tried it. There are lots of more informed people that have made videos or streams on the game than those YouTubers you've listed, they just don't have as high a sub count.
    Thodin303 likes this.
  6. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Totalbisquit and Jesse have both remarked favorably toward the game at least.

Corpselot is 90% tarded though. You can tell he has very little actual knowledge of how things work and instead is a forum warrior. I have called him on his bull<REDACTED> in a couple videos and trying to deal with that "community" is not worth it, especially when so much of what he says is just flat out wrong.
  7. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Corpsealot is a very jaded mmo player which can be a good perspective to have but he is someone who doesn't want to play a theme park yet keeps playing them over and over and gets mad about it but when someone tells him play this its a sandbox he is like "no".

He makes good points at times but a lot of time he gives a lot of bs to eventually try to get to the point Idk if you had watch his 3 parter on wildstar and his rant on quest tracking arrows. Someone slammed him hard on every point and which he responded calling him a try hard and telling to not watch.

Made me lose respect for him, hell went back to copypasta the slam and its gone now disappeared.
  8. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

That wasn't me. I don't even think I watched any of his actual Wildstar vids, just one of the very early ones when it was first really getting talked about roughly a year ago. I slammed him on other stuff, like his Divergent vid. Anyway the only "good" points I have ever seen him actually bring up is when devs try things and fail for one reason or another. Most of what he brings up as "trueisms" are entirely subjective. As I said, its far too much of the "Forum is always right" mentality, which is rarely the case. I got a very similar response from him, and his community, to the point I just gave up. They are not worth my time. I would rather do battle on the frontlines of the forum and in game chat channels.
  9. t209

t209 Cupcake

So anybody managed to catch up with Cinnamontoastken's broadcast about Wildstar. What did he played as?
  10. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Well as I said he is extreme. Your best bet on a good view on the game with critical analysis is to look up Fevrir's or Zybak's videos as those 2 both definitely like the game but are just as willing to point out its faults (Although Fevrir has a slight bias towards Cartoony graphics).

My second best bet would be on Jesse and Totalbiscuit as though two can be very critical on games. Honestly? I would not look at Corpse or AngryJoe's, they both have very biased opinions on the game. Not sure about anyone else.
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
  11. TyroneBiggims

TyroneBiggims New Cupcake

Lets not forget Towellie who is very excited for wildstar